DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Installed Strobe Lights on Mavic Pro

Guys, are you saying that some if the strobe mounts blocks from getting maximum light? I am also using the ARCII strobes and Aerial pixel mounts. However I bought the transparent mount. I don't think the LEDs are obstructed with the mounts, see pics70166IMG_20190421_113128.jpgIMG_20190421_113112.jpgIMG_20190421_113008.jpg

I flew last evening (with light), and am pleased with the final outcome. I placed my strobes on the back legs and the resulting video is clear of any light effect. Since I do not fly in fog or rain, it should suffice. Perhaps I will try some night flying in the future, who knows?

All flying is good flying and any safe landing is bliss. Good place to put the strobes. I am about to drill out my mav 2 pro legs and sink the wiring into them permanently . Red and green with rear red underneath and white strobes on front legs and rear underneath. Will post some videos of finished article when I get the time and peace to do it.

All flying is good flying and any safe landing is bliss. Good place to put the strobes. I am about to drill out my mav 2 pro legs and sink the wiring into them permanently . Red and green with rear red underneath and white strobes on front legs and rear underneath. Will post some videos of finished article when I get the time and peace to do it.
Awesome, I am very much interested in seeing the results. I was thinking of a mod like that a long time. Are you also going to mid the strobe light circuit to fit into the leg?

Awesome, I am very much interested in seeing the results. I was thinking of a mod like that a long time. Are you also going to mid the strobe light circuit to fit into the leg?
Will probably have a red flashing led at the centre rear underneath and a white strobe at the tail end centre rear. Front strobes on the outer legs but shielded from forward the forward area so as not to interfere with the camera

I use the same type of strobes. One on top and one on the bottom. The only concern is that it make my MPP more visible for a nutcase or two to try and shoot down.

Shooting down something easily like a UAV flying @ 10+ mph @ 100+ feet high would only be seen in some stupid movies. Most folks have no ability of knocking a drone down even with a shotgun. I would rate that as one of your least worries...

Shooting down something easily like a UAV flying @ 10+ mph @ 100+ feet high would only be seen in some stupid movies. Most folks have no ability of knocking a drone down even with a shotgun. I would rate that as one of your least worries...
Think I would tend to agree with that one. Most folks have better things to do with there time. Anyways part of your flight manual should be checking and observing your local area, especially for lunatics with shotguns lol

I assume you are picking up the strobe flashes in your camera at night??
Dunno. Haven't really recorded anything yet. just took it up for a test flight last night. I have a sun shield hood that I'm gonna try.

Guys, are you saying that some if the strobe mounts blocks from getting maximum light? I am also using the ARCII strobes and Aerial pixel mounts. However I bought the transparent mount. I don't think the LEDs are obstructed with the mounts, see picsView attachment 70166View attachment 70166View attachment 70167View attachment 70168
Yes, it's going to be a little blocked if not say 75°-120° from the strobe. Like shining a flashlight against a wall. The purpose of the strobes is for maximum visibility for us as well as the other aircraft in the sky. So to me, it appears to cover some of the light emissions from the strobes. I could be very wrong but that's the impression I got from looking at how the strobe sits in the holding bracket. Another way to think of it would be like looking at a flat screen TV from the side.

Installed mine this week. Got the 4pak ARC II. 2 white, 1 red, 1 green with Aerial-Pixel red mounts.View attachment 70265

Wow, great output !
I'm even worried now that if fitting the red / green on the back legs opposite the whites would still be a problem, perhaps more at night.
Only fly daylight here, occasional dusk or sunrise, hopefully strobing won't be a problems then.

Reactions: navydave
Question- I received my arc 11 light yesterday. It worked when I took it out of package- Then I charged it, charge light was blinking-Light went solid as it should when fully charged. I removed it form charger and I can not get it to turn on. The only time I can get it to turn on and cycle through the modes is when I put it back on charger. Do I have a defective unit or did I eat to many crayons as a child? LOL- On a side not when it did turn on it blinded me for a good ten minutes and I was not looking directly at it-- I got the all white light one

Question- I received my arc 11 light yesterday. It worked when I took it out of package- Then I charged it, charge light was blinking-Light went solid as it should when fully charged. I removed it form charger and I can not get it to turn on. The only time I can get it to turn on and cycle through the modes is when I put it back on charger. Do I have a defective unit or did I eat to many crayons as a child? LOL- On a side not when it did turn on it blinded me for a good ten minutes and I was not looking directly at it-- I got the all white light one
I’d say they were defective.several have been successful getting replacements from FH.

I’d say they were defective.several have been successful getting replacements from FH.
Thanks Thomas I appreciate it- I'm now concerned that maybe this one is to bright- It rocked my eyes when it did turn on and I was not looking at it- Wondering when taking off and bringing it home is going to be an issue as far as blinding me

Thanks Thomas I appreciate it- I'm now concerned that maybe this one is to bright- It rocked my eyes when it did turn on and I was not looking at it- Wondering when taking off and bringing it home is going to be an issue as far as blinding me
I have not had a problem with this in actual flight/take-off, or landing except late in the dusk after sundown. But I never look at the strobes when turning them on or off... I did once and saw spots for a long time.

Last edited:

I had the same problem. 2 out of the 4 wouldn't hold a charge for more than 20 seconds on one of the white ones and 2min on the green one, no matter how long i left it on the charger. They both would die very quickly. Sent 2 back (had to pay a few bucks shipping) and got 2 replaced for free. The guy at Firehouse said that the lights dont matter on the status of the charge. That they had issues with the light status and dont rely on it anymore. But since I got the 2 replacements, all the lights blink while charging and go solid when its full (not that its supposed to matter), but actually works correctly (like it is supposed to) with my set of 4 now. So yeah, I'd say they need to be replaced. Maybe they had a bad batch.

I had the same problem. 2 out of the 4 wouldn't hold a charge for more than 20 seconds on one of the white ones and 2min on the green one, no matter how long i left it on the charger. They both would die very quickly. Sent 2 back (had to pay a few bucks shipping) and got 2 replaced for free. The guy at Firehouse said that the lights dont matter on the status of the charge. That they had issues with the light status and dont rely on it anymore. But since I got the 2 replacements, all the lights blink while charging and go solid when its full (not that its supposed to matter), but actually works correctly (like it is supposed to) with my set of 4 now. So yeah, I'd say they need to be replaced. Maybe they had a bad batch.
Company called and stated they were having problems with the white ones. They sent a new one hopefully works- Their customer service is excellent they responded to me within minutes

Reactions: navydave
FH duals w/ Aerial Pixel holders on MPP.
Clean.
bf6e40c422b341e3f377c2d8cd7168db.jpg
e9ab84e03abf801184282ec55933e0f9.jpg
9834d791069a10c427e980992c6106e1.jpg
I have the same rig on my MP2 Zoom, using the Aerial Pixel holders as well. Works great !

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I have the same rig on my MP2 Zoom, using the Aerial Pixel holders as well. Works great !

Yeah, and I find the holder shields the camera from the strobe lights at night.

Reactions: drakkor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S