DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Installed Strobe Lights on Mavic Pro

Reelman67

Reactions
I installed the strobe light kit from Firehouse Technology on my Mavic Pro this morning. They're not ARC2 but are they ever bright! I am looking forward to my first illuminated flight soon. It's raining now, will have to wait. ? Should help VLOS flying greatly.

I installed the strobe light kit from Firehouse Technology on my Mavic Pro this morning. They're not ARC2 but are they ever bright! I am looking forward to my first illuminated flight soon. It's raining now, will have to wait. ? Should help VLOS flying greatly.

Pictures! Send pictures of the new set up

Reactions: mnis

Attachments

• 20190413_112737.jpg
    20190413_112737.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 677
Consider some strobes facing rearward. Much easier to see your bird outbound. White is proven to have the easiest visualization and longest visual distance.

Consider some strobes facing rearward. Much easier to see your bird outbound. White is proven to have the easiest visualization and longest visual distance.
You're right. Reset the upper light to rear facing.

Reactions: bobj151 and WAXMAN
Reelman67, very cool! Thx for sharing. Do you any concerns the strobe lights will affect flight quality in any way? I will check the website link, but if your in the group chat right now, what was your cost? Thx!!

Will the front strobe be picked up in the camera while doing night videography??

I use the Strobon and have them attached to the Pro Platinum with Command Velcro Strips.20190301_202027_HDR.jpeg

Reactions: Turn11
Reelman67, very cool! Thx for sharing. Do you any concerns the strobe lights will affect flight quality in any way? I will check the website link, but if your in the group chat right now, what was your cost? Thx!!
I shouldn't think they will affect flight in any way. Paid $80 (on sale currently)

Will the front strobe be picked up in the camera while doing night videography??
Don't know. Haven't flown at night. Technically a 107 rule item. I am not 107 rated (yet!)

I use the same type of strobes. One on top and one on the bottom. The only concern is that it make my MPP more visible for a nutcase or two to try and shoot down.

How are you mounting/ attaching?
I was using the supplied double backed tape which came with the kit but now am going to use outdoor rated velcro. The tape seems flimsy.

Not the best looking but I am trying to see what's the best way to fit so when doing video at night it don't get into final recording. I have yet to test but hopefully it will work

Switched over to velcro. Much better! Have yet to see if placement will affect video.
I am using good old tie straps, its not the best only when i test it i will see if it affects my video at night.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose