DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insufficient DJI Storage Message

TrayBoz

Reactions
I've had this happen the past few times I've flown my mavic, so it has only happened on firmware v.0600, but I don't know for certain if it's related to the firmware update - could be coincidence?

When I start to record video, I get a message box, in green, that pops up that says: Insufficient DJI Storage. It is in green (which typically means "okay" or "good") and has a little green checkmark in a green circle beside the text. I can close the box by clicking on it the normal way. If I close it, it will pop back up a few minutes later if I'm still recording, or each time I start a new recording.

This doesn't seem to affect the recording. It keeps recording. The recording looks fine and I can record the standard full 4.2GB size file. The recording looks fine. I can record multiple files. I still have the full 64GB available to use. I have tried reformatting the SD card via the mavic a few times, but this doesn't fix the problem.

It's as if something in the mavic thinks it's almost out (or already out) of storage space, even when the card is freshly formatted or has plenty of space available. When I view the SD card on the Mac, it does show the correct amount of available space.

I've been using this same 64GB Sandisk card since I got the mavic and have never had any problems, and I'm going on video number 132.

Has anyone else ever seen this "error?" message? Do SD cards wear out over time?

could it be referring to your phone/tablet? I thought I read somewhere that rev .600 now has a feature that allows you to continue to record on your device when the mavic's on board SD card is full....it might be telling you that the storage on your device is full.

Set the app cache recording to overwrite after 2GB or whatever space you have.
I do wish they'd allowed the app to record to phone sd card as a lot of us ony have limited space for recorded video.

Reactions: Former Member
AHHH!! Thank you Heavysledz! That is exactly what the problem was. I'm kicking myself for not thinking of that myself. Live and learn. I was down to 38MB of space left on my tablet.

I love this forum. I can't think of another product I've ever owned where I can get good technical support instantly from knowledgeable, experienced users. I've found a good answer to every question I've ever had about the mavic on this forum.

Thanks again.

Thanks 4wd. I did this just now. It was set at 8GB, and that was about all the space I previously had available - reset it to 2GB and I'm sure that will eliminate my problem.

glad I could help.....and agreed, forums like this are awesome when the threads stay on topic and you don't get the random "Nay sayer" on the thread to totally derail things.....

Note: setting to 2GB should do the trick but be careful that you don't over write your vids before you have a chance to pull them off if you so chose to do so. 2GB of video doesn't take much if you like to record most of your flights. I have mine set to 4K and it allows me to go several flights before I have to worry about anything getting over written.

Funny I had that same message just last night. Good to know! Thanks!

Set the app cache recording to overwrite after 2GB or whatever space you have.
I do wish they'd allowed the app to record to phone sd card as a lot of us ony have limited space for recorded video.
Hi mine is sayin same no storage memory when there is no videos on my harddrive . Am new to all This .am using my iPad as me screen . So we’re do I go so stop the message . DJI storage low .?

Do
Hi mine is sayin same no storage memory when there is no videos on my harddrive . Am new to all This .am using my iPad as me screen . So we’re do I go so stop the message . DJI storage low .?
do I change on my IPad or hook drone up to my laptop ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo