DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance and State Farm

Mavic2StingRay

Reactions
Went to my local State Farm insurance company and asked if they could insure my Mavic Pro. The answer for $30.25 a year they would cover everything to do with the drone. If I crash it in the water and can’t recover it it’s covered. They will process me a check for the full price of the drone. Something to think about. State Farm ROCKS. Oh and it has nothing to do with my house or auto insurance.

Went to my local State Farm insurance company and asked if they could insure my Mavic Pro. The answer for $30.25 a year they would cover everything to do with the drone. If I crash it in the water and can’t recover it it’s covered. They will process me a check for the full price of the drone. Something to think about. State Farm ROCKS. Oh and it has nothing to do with my house or auto insurance.

Is this a stand alone plan or has to be tied to some other insurance product like a car? Also does the drone have to be brand new?

Reactions: Former Member
Sorry guys for making another thread. There is a lot of threads on this. Answer: it is a stand alone policy not tied to my auto or home. I am sure if you took the drone in so they could take pictures of it then I am sure it wouldn’t have to be new. Mine was a week old.

Wow! Your policy is 1/2 of what mine costs at 60 Dollars a year. Thats awesome! I would not count on Statefarm replacing the Mavic Pro more than once though as they have the right to not renew the policy if they so deem.

Reactions: Former Member
I am also paying $60 a year for my policy with State Farm Pap and I already just filed my second claim for a lost mavic and the check is already on the way and I'm still insured for my Phantom 4 Pro, and the representative told me to make sure I call them back as soon as I get my replacement drone so they can insure that one.
Wow! Your policy is 1/2 of what mine costs at 60 Dollars a year. Thats awesome! I would not count on Statefarm replacing the Mavic Pro more than once though as they have the right to not renew the policy if they so deem.

So can I get some particulars about this? My brother who is a State Farm agent says this is impossible they will not cover drones because it is a huge money loss for them to ensure those. Any help would be greatly appreciated I just got notification that my DJI care refresh is about to expire I'd like to have something in its place if at all possible. 30 or $40 a year opposed to $80 for DJI care refresh would be a smart move

Reactions: Skyflyer129
Thats reassuring! I have not filed a claim as I have not needed to , but knowing that one can file multiple claims and have them paid relieves even more stress.

(one reason why multiple threads on the same subject are not good)

I've mentioned this before, State Farm _should_ cancel the policy once the limits have been paid or once all (could be one) items have been paid for. This is because legally, the contract is done at that point. The contract was to pay $xxx for an item for a premium. I can't say how State Farm works but cancelling the policy may need to be done manually. Perhaps someone could over-look it. However, I also can't see anyone actually adding something onto a policy that should be cancelled at that point. Do I think it is possible? Yes. If they add something, it would be covered at that point.

A breakdown of this is that State Farm agrees to insure a Mavic for $60/year and pay out up to $1000. That is the contract. If they pay out $1000 or consider the Mavic to be a total loss, they have fulfilled their end of the contract so there is no contract left active. On State Farms side, it makes no sense to then offer another $1000 for.... $0 in premiums. I _suspect_ that some agents don't understand this and _think_ that additional items can be added back into a policy. That may be true while it is active (no limits paid or some items still have coverage) but not once once of the claim triggers I mentioned above happens. A agent might even tell someone another item can be added at that point but when they try, it might be rejected.

Reactions: TurtleDrone
It’s a personal property coverage, have my mavic and added crystal sky ultra 6 months later. Had to show receipts with serial number and had drone and monitor when I insured. Already renewed for second year now a month ago. It’s the same policy as if you were wanting to insure stuff like stereo gear or jewelry.
I can add to it anytime.
Do note, I haven’t had a claim yet. I do agree that it’s a loser deal for them to offer this and some here have taken advantage of the policy. Expect it to be cancelled someday once the bean counters see how many mavic they have bought.

So can I get some particulars about this? My brother who is a State Farm agent says this is impossible they will not cover drones because it is a huge money loss for them to ensure those. Any help would be greatly appreciated I just got notification that my DJI care refresh is about to expire I'd like to have something in its place if at all possible. 30 or $40 a year opposed to $80 for DJI care refresh would be a smart move

Personal policy. Just ask for a personal policy. Kinda like if you get insurance on a item like a diamond ring or pc.

I am also paying $60 a year for my policy with State Farm Pap and I already just filed my second claim for a lost mavic and the check is already on the way and I'm still insured for my Phantom 4 Pro, and the representative told me to make sure I call them back as soon as I get my replacement drone so they can insure that one.
If I have a mavic pro and get a phantom do you know if I can swap the insurance as I still have like 5 months left on the mavic

It’s a personal property coverage, have my mavic and added crystal sky ultra 6 months later. Had to show receipts with serial number and had drone and monitor when I insured. Already renewed for second year now a month ago. It’s the same policy as if you were wanting to insure stuff like stereo gear or jewelry.
I can add to it anytime.
Do note, I haven’t had a claim yet. I do agree that it’s a loser deal for them to offer this and some here have taken advantage of the policy. Expect it to be cancelled someday once the bean counters see how many mavic they have bought.
So I can add my DSLR to my policy

Not sure of you answered this already but what did the insurance deductible cost you?

Yes you can. My policy is 60 a year for $3500 coverage. I have my mavic fly more, 2 gopros and dslr with lenses covered.
Aren't you afraid that if you make a claim on your DSLR you won't be able to renew it for your drone. It's such an awesome policy I would hate to waste it on my DSLR.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+