DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance for Mavic Mini

Gpsrob

Reactions
I missed out on the DJI care. Where can I get inexpensive insurance to cover it if I damage it or for a liability upon a crash and it damages property or injures someone?

I missed out on the DJI care. Where can I get inexpensive insurance to cover it if I damage it or for a liability upon a crash and it damages property or injures someone?
Check out coverdrone.com. I might give them a go. I will be flying in Lapland next week.[emoji4]

Here are some non-commercial options:

Homeowners & Renters Insurance

If you own a home or have renters insurance, your homeowners/renters policy might offer limited coverage for liability claims, damaged drones, and/or lost drones. Here are some commonly used insurance companies that offer coverage for hobbyists:
If you’re using one of these insurance companies (or another), contact your insurance agent for more details on what your specific insurance policy will and will not cover. You can then decide if you need additional hull and/or liability insurance to supplement your homeowners/renters policy.

On-Demand Insurance Providers

If you aren’t flying your drone often or don’t need liability coverage for every flight, an on-demand insurance policy from one of these companies might be a less expensive option:.
  • Drone Insurance
    - Policies available for 1 day, 30 days, 90 days, or 1 year
    - Pricing starts at $30/day (if paying by day) or $1.66/day (if paying by year)

• SkyWatch
    - Pricing starts at $5/hour or $29/month
    - Policies available by the hour

• Verifly
    - Policies available for 1 hour, 4 hours, or 8 hours
    - Pricing starts at $10/hour

Last edited:
Check out State Farm. They have a product called personal articles insurance. No deductible, replacement value. Paid $60.00 a year for my Mavic Pro.

Check out State Farm. They have a product called personal articles insurance. No deductible, replacement value. Paid $60.00 a year for my Mavic Pro.
Do you have State Farm for other insurance or is this a stand alone policy?

It's a stand alone policy. All my other insurances are thru a different company. Just walk into any state farm office with the drone and your original reciept, pay $60.00 and they will issue a policy. It will cover replacement if totalled, recovered or not recovered. It will not cover repairing damaged drones. It would cover you even if your dog chewed it up or it sank to the bottom of a lake...lol
Good luck.....

Reactions: Gpsrob
I have State Farm insurance on Personal Property.
$60/year per to cover the drone if lost, damaged or destroyed. SWEET!

Did you see I said LOST? .... For DJI Care, you need to send the drone back. You can't if it is lost... Just saying... State Farm is the way to go if you can!

Just got off the phone with coverdrone, they insure worlwide except the countries they listed on their website as not covered. Im insuring mine with them as Im travelling to the countries which are not exempted.

Wow, this is great, just spoke with an State Farm agent and they did confirm this info. Calling on Monday to set up a policy. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS