DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance in Australia

NRMA offers insurance at $5 extra per month on your home insurance policy. It covers loss and public liability.
Can you please provide a link?? I would hazard a guess, that the policy doesn't cover in-flight!

Can you please provide a link?? I would hazard a guess, that the policy doesn't cover in-flight!
Yes it does cover in-flight. It's added to the policy as 'Portable Contents - Sporting and recreational items'

Give them a call and confirm if you wish.

Reactions: AussieDrone
If you are right Sir, you have turned the Australian Drone insurance issue on its head!!!
My quote was just under $2k, for sub 2kg.
Many RePL's are saying around $1.5k.
I will call them.

Yes it does cover in-flight. It's added to the policy as 'Portable Contents - Sporting and recreational items'

Give them a call and confirm if you wish.
Nice work ! I am not with NRMA, but they have a new customer if they cover drones!

Thank you !

Hey Paul, you are correct, however they will cover you only on your own property apparently!46675540_2188738078054084_862006915629056000_n.jpg

What about joining a model club? They have insurance. I am not sure if it will cover flying away from a registered field though. Worth finding out.

Bit late to the party. With GIO and it was sub $10 per month to add to our insurance as a portable electronics. Don't think from memory it included P/L but it did cover loss of the drone, whether into a lake, stolen from car / house or if it just died etc. I specifically confirmed that if i flew it into the ocean etc it was covered and they advised yes. I have home, contents and car with them - so not sure if experience is the same for all. this is for personal use drone only, not commercial. (MP1). our excess is $300 (for any contents). Insured RRP of the drone + additional batteries etc. This was close to 12-months ago.

On insurance, it is not so much the value of the drone, as liability insurance i am interested in. No company seems interested at any price.

Anyone been able to get a reasonably priced insurance , to cover loss of the drone none recoverable?
Or better to just get a refresh package and hope it doesn’t go for a swim

Any details on how we can respond to this?
They ask for submissions periodically. I spoke up in the last two. The first one was good, but the second I think was more targeted at the RePL's.
Give them a call and ask?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty