DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

The deal with State Farm PAP is $1.25/$100.00/year with a minimum premium of $60.00 per year. I have a lot of photo equipment on a SF PAP and when I added my MP my premium went up $12.50. That is in Western New York State.

Reactions: Former Member
So a follow up/related question rather than start a new topic.

Does anyone know 1st hand will they cover used drones? I saw a few posts of people saying you have to provide a receipt, but others not mention it. I do not have a receipt for my drone, but would still like to have insurance coverage for it.
I did need to provide receipt and pictures of the serial number tags I added both from the box and from my mavic and from the batteries since they are adding my four batteries.

Orlando, Fl - $75 / year no deductible. Includes "mysterious loss" :)

The deal with State Farm PAP is $1.25/$100.00/year with a minimum premium of $60.00 per year. I have a lot of photo equipment on a SF PAP and when I added my MP my premium went up $12.50. That is in Western New York State.
Can I ask if you had an existing policy with State Farm before the PAP? I've tried two agents already with no success. I live in NY as well.

I have my 40’ sailboat insured with State Farm I will give them a call. I have not received my Mavic Pro Platinum yet but I have already acquired quite a few expensive components!

Can I ask if you had an existing policy with State Farm before the PAP? I've tried two agents already with no success. I live in NY as well.
I live in New York and I went to State Farm online requested a quote and they contacted me via email and I was able to do the whole transaction with them online.

This is the policy part of my insurance for my mavic 60 bucks in New York
5b03d57362f76f9492a2e44ec429e24e.jpg

FYI,

I called my State Farm agent today and asked about personal article insurance for my Mavic.

I got full replacement lost or damaged no deductible for only $24/yr

Who all is insuring their Mavic Pro??

Mike
Not sure how you got that race but this is what I got

So it finally happened! I needed to make a claim against my State Farm Pap policy for the loss of my mavic.
I just called their claim center and after about 10 minutes they told me they were sending out my check which by the way was for the full amount of all items that I had claimed under the policy even though I only lost the Drone.
And to top it off a few days later my agent gave me a call and asked if I replaced the Drone and to send them the information so they could add it on to my policy.
Thank you State Farm

Reactions: jwwphoto
So it finally happened! I needed to make a claim against my State Farm Pap policy for the loss of my mavic.
I just called their claim center and after about 10 minutes they told me they were sending out my check which by the way was for the full amount of all items that I had claimed under the policy even though I only lost the Drone.
And to top it off a few days later my agent gave me a call and asked if I replaced the Drone and to send them the information so they could add it on to my policy.
Thank you State Farm
you'll pay for it in the long run,insurance co. dont take losses,its passed on to the consumer.

you'll pay for it in the long run,insurance co. dont take losses,its passed on to the consumer.

That's what I was thinking too... Nice, warm, fuzzy hand-holding up front. Come back in a year when the renewal hits. Let's see if there's no increase. Of course, if there is, it'll be "everyone's rates went up"...

We have a policy on our wedding rings with State Farm, they added the Mavic to the policy for 23 bucks a year, no deductible.

We have a policy on our wedding rings with State Farm, they added the Mavic to the policy for 23 bucks a year, no deductible.
Yeah I think that's pretty great I'm glad I had the coverage and now my new drone is also covered and they didn't say anything about any increases so it's a beautiful thing

Well if you think about it that is the whole Insurance game. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose. In this case for my $60 investment and losing my mavic and getting it replaced for that $60 this is a win for me at the moment! And with that difference it's going to be pretty hard for the insurance company to come back at me for that! So if somehow down the road my rates go up a little bit it would have been like a savings plan for me anyway because it would have been hard for me to quaff up money for a new replacement mavic.
I have paid car insurance for about 38 years at least and I barely ever made any kind of claim against the vehicles so they more than made up for it there on their side

Reactions: TxArch DroneGuy
Yeah I think that's pretty great I'm glad I had the coverage and now my new drone is also covered and they didn't say anything about any increases so it's a beautiful thing

I have been married going on 15 years and if I have had any increases on that policy, they were minimal.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki