DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

PoonDog

Reactions
good morning people. Finally got my Mavic Air yesterday and im a happy camper. I have not flown it yet and probably wont for a day or so. got more studdying to do before I pull the triger. Im trying to figure out DJI care and from what I see , they dont cover much. I was in the chat with them last night and still dont know what they cover. Water dammage , yes as long as you dont crash in a lake. crash dammage, yes if you send them the drone. Minor crash dammage , like a broken gimble or camera, they said yes but i could never pin them down. Will they send me the parts for the repair or do I have to send them the drone. If you do have to send it, do you have to send it to China or is there someplace in The U.S.A ? I guess they dont cover theft or loss from stupid pilot fly aways. This is a pretty substantial investment for me and I want to cover myself as best as I can. Any help/ advise would be appreciated.
Please type slowly as I am old and dont read very fast . LOL
Thanks
PoonDog

Check out a personal articles policy from State Farm. You can supposedly get full coverage without a deducible for your drone for around $50 a year, which would cover you for far more situations than DJI Care will.

Check out a personal articles policy from State Farm. You can supposedly get full coverage without a deducible for your drone for around $50 a year, which would cover you for far more situations than DJI Care will.
Hey, Thanks Dawg, I bought the care refresh, but im also checking with my broker to see what she can find. My concern is theft and the possability of the highly over rated fly away. What part of the world do you occupy ? pardon my spelling and typeing skills, im old as dirt.

good morning people. Finally got my Mavic Air yesterday and im a happy camper. I have not flown it yet and probably wont for a day or so. got more studdying to do before I pull the triger. Im trying to figure out DJI care and from what I see , they dont cover much. I was in the chat with them last night and still dont know what they cover. Water dammage , yes as long as you dont crash in a lake. crash dammage, yes if you send them the drone. Minor crash dammage , like a broken gimble or camera, they said yes but i could never pin them down. Will they send me the parts for the repair or do I have to send them the drone. If you do have to send it, do you have to send it to China or is there someplace in The U.S.A ? I guess they dont cover theft or loss from stupid pilot fly aways. This is a pretty substantial investment for me and I want to cover myself as best as I can. Any help/ advise would be appreciated.
Please type slowly as I am old and dont read very fast . LOL
Thanks
PoonDog
If you can get State Farm it’s a good idea, but it seems their coverage of drones is not available everywhere. If you have SF, they will cover as part of a loss from auto or homeowner’s policies (if stolen or destroyed in a robbery, fire, wreck, etc.)
I used DJICare after hitting a tree and drone falling about50’. They had me send it to a place in TX, provided a shipping label, and had an apparently new drone at my home in about a week. This one use paid for the DJICare on all three of my drones. If it’s broken they fix it. If water loss not sure.
Joining AMA, about $60-$70/yr, gets you $1k insurance on the drone and $5 million dollar liability coverage.

Hey, Thanks Dawg, I bought the care refresh, but im also checking with my broker to see what she can find. My concern is theft and the possability of the highly over rated fly away. What part of the world do you occupy ? pardon my spelling and typeing skills, im old as dirt.

Theft and fly aways should be covered by something like the State Farm personal articles policy, if it is available in your state. I personally don't have any property insurance for my drones - I prefer to "self insure" for anything below a devastating financial loss.

thanks for the replys. my broker has me looking at Global Aerospace. From the looks of the application they are going to be out of my budget. Going to check AMA if I can figure out what that is.
If you can get State Farm it’s a good idea, but it seems their coverage of drones is not available everywhere. If you have SF, they will cover as part of a loss from auto or homeowner’s policies (if stolen or destroyed in a robbery, fire, wreck, etc.)
I used DJICare after hitting a tree and drone falling about50’. They had me send it to a place in TX, provided a shipping label, and had an apparently new drone at my home in about a week. This one use paid for the DJICare on all three of my drones. If it’s broken they fix it. If water loss not sure.
Joining AMA, about $60-$70/yr, gets you $1k insurance on the drone and $5 million dollar liability coverage.
AMA lo0oks like a hell of a program. $75.00 year

for $60 year, it only makes sense to get state farm insurance if it is available to you. even if you join ama. i plan to keep it for year #1 and year #2, see where to go from there.

Make sure you carefully review the AMA insurance, because they don't cover all the property hazards: just fire, theft, and vandalism. (for example, I don't believe they would cover a flyaway situation)

thanks for the replys. my broker has me looking at Global Aerospace. From the looks of the application they are going to be out of my budget. Going to check AMA if I can figure out what that is.

AMA lo0oks like a hell of a program. $75.00 year
AMA will not cover flyaway or crashes. A homeowners policy will cover theft but will be subject to your deductible. In the USA, State Farm personal articles policy is the best deal that I've heard of. What state do you live in? Many people on here use State Farm and they may be able to recommend a good SF agent in your area.

I am leery about State Farm just because if you make a claim, or even an inquiry your rates go up. Wouldn't mind finding a separate company. I have all my other ins through them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf