DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Integra goggles and RID question

4 inch pistons

Reactions
If I am understanding this correctly, when using the new goggles with my Avata the RID is built into the goggles so that there’s no need to use a phone hook up.

So that brings me to this question. Does that mean that when I fly other quads using the goggles and DJI 03 Air unit as a PNP receiver, is it also broadcasting? Why or why not?

If I am understanding this correctly, when using the new goggles with my Avata the RID is built into the goggles so that there’s no need to use a phone hook up.

So that brings me to this question. Does that mean that when I fly other quads using the goggles and DJI 03 Air unit as a PNP receiver, is it also broadcasting? Why or why not?
I guess in theory the goggles could broadcast your position? But that's different from RID. Others can correct me if I'm mischaracterizing, but RID is a module on the drone that broadcasts certain information out to the world. But the Avata can't actually broadcast RID information on its own in a way that's compliant, so the goggles do that part of it (either through your phone or through the new module on the Integra), as a sort of relay system (I think).

But O3 and other quads generally don't come with any sort of GPS or RID, so the goggles aren't getting any RID or location/speed/altitude to then relay. And even a GPS quad most likely isn't going to come with an RID module, so even if the drone is transmitting GPS data, it won't be transmitting RID data.

A couple things - first, RID is NOT broadcast from the goggles, it is from the drone. The new Integra goggles have built-in GPS, so no need for phone GPS. The Avata DOES broadcast RID, it is compliant. The O3 is not compliant as of now.

Attachments

• RID000000008.pdf
    78.2 KB · Views: 8

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S