DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent flight modes

Niky

Reactions
Hallo guys, I'm trying to understand what is the "exact" list of flight modes supported by Mavic 2 (DJI GO 4.3).
I looked on DJI website, specs, youtube, this forum... no answer yet.
Has someone already received his M2 and can kindly help me with that answer? I don't understand if for example terrain follow and course lock are there or not...
Thanks in advance and ciao from Italy

@JethroXP Thank you for the link, useful.
@gnirtS Thank you so much for the suggestion, I'm sure you guessed we here in the third world haven't yet learned to read!!!!
What a better suggestion is yours compared to a much simpler screenshot!
As a teacher from now on I will answer to my students' questions with a bold "RTFM" (Read The Fu...king Manual") instead of an explanation or a sample, thank you for your wise lesson. I wish you will receive a similar answer sometimes in the future, hopefully on a much more important or maybe vital question. You get what you seed.
I think I will disconnect from his forum, too many cleverness here for me.

Reactions: zeeshannasir
Umm you know that's currently the most sensible answer since pretty much no one actually has the craft yet?
Better that than someone answering with his likely wrong best guess since that's what you'd otherwise get.

Reactions: Rorywquin
@Kilrah Thanks, but quoting myself from my third pargraph: "Has someone already received his M2...", so I humbly asked for "real" answers. As I learned from many years of Phantom piloting and commercial certified drone operations (in my country,) what is on the manuals is too often different from firmware/app implementation...
Anyway thanks again, it stops here for me. In 5 days I will receive my M2 and find answers by myself, probably I will not share any answers if this is this forum "climate".

As a teacher i'd like to assume you actually teach your students how to look up facts and the information they need for themselves using the available materials and not rely on others to spoonfeed them. You know, actually enourage them to do things themselves ?

You obviously don't understand difference between "theory" and "reality

As I learned from many years of Phantom piloting and commercial certified drone operations (in my country,) what is on the manuals is too often different from firmware/app implementation...
Had you mentioned that initially you'd have had no issues.

The "climate" of the forum is such becasue people who look things up and just want some clarification like you seem to do are a rare breed. A large number of people who come here just want to be spoon fed answers becasue they're too lazy to look things up, so obviously after a while someone who comes asking for something that's documented without more detail is assumed to be one of them.

It's like if half your students came to ask you something not becasue they need explanations for something they didn't understand, but becasue they're just too lazy to do their work and research, you'd likely get mad and kick their butt.

Reactions: Rorywquin
@gnirtS Thank you so much for the suggestion, I'm sure you guessed we here in the third world haven't yet learned to read!!!!
As a teacher from now on I will answer to my students' questions with a bold "RTFM" (Read The Fu...king Manual") instead of an explanation or a sample, thank you for your wise lesson. I wish you will receive a similar answer sometimes in the future, hopefully on a much more important or maybe vital question. You get what you seed.

To be fair, the comprehensive list of intelligent flight modes is in the manual and so the suggestion to read it was not an unreasonable one, especially since you didn't qualify your question with the issue that you don't trust the manual. Presumably you have read the manual?

People come to a forum for help. I agree you should read the manual, first thing. I think that people should be helped, if you don't agree, well don't post. It is that simple, to me. I know a number of people disagree .​

I read the manual (and all published PDFs, including notes for the battery...) of the M2 on Aug 23rd within 4 hours after end of the announcement. I found strange that some modes that were in the M1 weren't anymore listed. So I started digging, looking videos, etc. and in one post of sometimes ago I read that some modes were included in the MA even if not listed in the manual. It makes sense, of course manuals are written weeks and weeks before final production series (i.e. firmware) and also sometimes manuals list features that will be released as a future update. So came my question in my post.

I thought it was clear enough having asked in my original post for someone who had ALREADY received his M2 (I saw some post saying a shipping date was already known and so I thought someone might have been already so lucky to have received a unit, or maybe some of the reviewers was in the Forum). English is not my mother language, so I might not have been clear enough. Also I might have counted too much on my habit to help people in forums (not yet here, M2 will be my first Mavic) with ADDITIONAL infos, tricks, discoveries, explanations.... above obvious and trivial things that I always assume people have been able to find by themselves (means give credit to the brain of others).

Now a last question: was it really necessary to have to write such a long explanation while my original post already included the keyword "exact list" and "already received"? Maybe it was the first respondand who did not read the post, and not myself not having read the manual...

Reactions: Aww@Mavic

Hang in there Niky,
Most people are here to help. There is a reason many of us left the DJI forum because of the attitudes there. This is the best forum around.Give it a chance. You are just learning the ropes.There are those that say read the manual to every thing, and others that will answer every question. Think about it as you being the "new guy". It does get very tiresome answering questions like where is the on button. Those are the ones that don't try to learn, and try everyone's patience. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: sar104
All the reviewers have the drones and a lot of great reviews are getting posted. If you want to see actual demonstrations of the various flight modes, check out "Tom's Tech Time" on YouTube. I don't know if I can post a link here, but this is the video:

Start at about 20 minutes in for the mode demos. He shows footage and in-flight use of each of the modes so you can see what it is doing, and how it looks. I'm jazzed about the new HyperLapse function...lots of talk about that one, too. The guy from "Ready Set Drone" is nuts about the HyperLapse and has several very good examples of it in use.

Oh, and, yeah...I've got my Mavic 2-Zoom pre-ordered. My last notification was a ship date of 9/3. Hoping to be doing my own tests by the middle of next week!! Got my first shoot with it scheduled for the 10th, so I hope we don't get into a backorder situation. Based on everything I've seen so far, it looks very robust and functional right out of the box.

Just got a note that my package has departed Shenzhen in the Guangong province. Estimated delivery is 9/5-9/8. Can't wait!!

Reactions: Thomas B
Hallo guys, I'm trying to understand what is the "exact" list of flight modes supported by Mavic 2 (DJI GO 4.3).
I looked on DJI website, specs, youtube, this forum... no answer yet.
Has someone already received his M2 and can kindly help me with that answer? I don't understand if for example terrain follow and course lock are there or not...
Thanks in advance and ciao from Italy
Buddy I’m still on a “learners permit” so I’m always asking questions. Some of the manuals are not very clear and it’s sure helpful for someone to lend assistance, especially when the cost of the product is a bit high. This might help? PS: Italia love that place!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard