DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interference questions

JHolley

Reactions
Does flying in close proximity to a vehicle , and electric wires and a house (Lets say within a few feet of each , like in my driveway , right next to my house } , Can this cause a big interference factor ? Today I was flying out about 1/2 mile , at 600 ft , so my radio had great reception . My mavic platinum lost signal 3 or 4 times , each time it regained the signal fairly quickly . My dji goggles (white) said "strong magnetic interference at goggles " also several times .... WTF ?

Quite simply the operating frequency is a very narrow bandwidth.
A WiFi signal emitted from a router or other source can easily cause issues.
Other objects in the household can cause induction or pulse loops which can mess with your signal. Metal objects such as cars or re-bar in buildings are excellent signal blockers.
Wet leaves on a tree can cause issues.
The list goes on....
Consider the size of the antenna on your controller and look at what it needs to transmit a signal past and around.... unless you have a good clear signal there will often be issues. Then look at TV and radio transmitter masts the are high therefore transmit an excellent signal but also have more power to reach further. I have purchased a cheap parabolic signal booster which works to some degree but I still get issues in built up areas.

Here are 3 EXCELLENT resourses on the subject of interference!!

Watch them in order! Excellent information on interference and relationship between compass, IMU, and GPS signal...all of which impact your signal!!

Reactions: JHolley
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonkyBroxy