DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intrigued from UK

Indeed. Welcome to the proprietary world of DJI! I imagine it is a culture shock to end up at Mavic when used to RC cars and RC fixed wing etc.. Most of my stuff is 3rd party chargers and other stuff that is not interchangeable with anything else.

One well known nonsense is that the battery for a CrystalSky monitor doesn't come with a charger! It is assumed you will have one as owner of another Mavic which has a compatible connector. Fortunately it is possible to get for <£10 a connector that enables a Mavic 2 Pro charger connection to be used but not an Air charger!

I would dearly love to have 1 charger that would do everything. A pipe dream unfortunately. At least with an Anafi you can charge via standard USB - C.

Yeah but I can also charge a pack in 7 minutes ;)
that is fine ,and perfectly ok for something that for the most part stays on the ground during use, a battery in a drone is the only thing along with the props, that keep it airborne and in the event of failure ,would mean a damaged drone ,and what or whoever it hit

Reactions: Cyclonetog
that is fine ,and perfectly ok for something that for the most part stays on the ground during use, a battery in a drone is the only thing along with the props, that keep it airborne and in the event of failure ,would mean a damaged drone ,and what or whoever it hit

We've found that if you do it right, you increase battery longevity and performance.
The only Lipo failures we've seen have been with packs on charge at lower charge rates. It's counter intuitive but the results are repeatable.
We've never seen a Lipo fail on track, electronics failures do happen but are becoming much less frequent.

For what it's worth, I'm not one of the people that charge a pack in 7 minutes, I just happen too have the equipment to do it. It would however be my preference to "do it my way" but that's clearly not a realistic option with DJI equipment.

The other market leading features seem to outweigh the negatives.

Reactions: old man mavic
i used to many years ago ,belong to the Cardiff off road buggy racing association,and we had a track near to the heath hospital,it was for electric powered vehicles and battery management was a big part of the hobby

i also have a scale 1m sailing yacht which i use and have made all sorts of rc kits over the years,and to me ,when you have invested a lot of time and effort into creating something and tweaked it to complete against others, then you tend to take better care of it, and have a more knowledgeable understanding of how it works,today people want something that they take out the box and go straight out and use,but its easy to forget that drone flying in other than designated flying sites ,requires knowledge and understanding to be able to fly in a safe manner,and interact with other airspace users

Reactions: Cyclonetog
For sure, this is much more accessible than any modelling / rc hobby that's come before.

You are 100% correct, when this equipment is going out to the general in such potential high numbers then everything has to be safe within very wide margins.

Reactions: old man mavic
Hi,

My son has asked Santa for a drone for christmas, true story, the first we heard of it was in Santas grotto...

I have ordered him a drone, however I now need one for myself :)
He (we) has a YouTube channel, so drone footage will soon be a feature of the channel. I've been watching every MP FMCombo on eBay, they're all selling for £550-£650 depending on condition etc, but currently I'm stuck in the cycle of "for.another £50 can get this". Drones Direct here have the Platinum for £779 (was £749 yesterday), but as an ex-freelance photographer, I like the idea of owning a 'blad, so looking at MP2's also.

With rumours of an MP3 on the horizon, I wonder if it's worth waiting for prices to drop in the new year?

Sorry for the ramble!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! The M2P is really worth the extra $$ if you can afford it, it is my go-to drone now for just about every job. The M2P is currently on sale $160 off through the end of the year at DJI's Site and some other retailers. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom