DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing Dronelink

Hey everyone,

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I’ve been heads-down working on my next project called Dronelink.

Dronelink is an entirely new approach to flight automation, and we are looking for beta testers on iOS, Android, and the web. This is a great opportunity for you to influence our product roadmap, and we would love your feedback. You can join the beta now, and our public launch is scheduled for later this year.

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jim McAndrew and I am a software architect and drone enthusiast from Austin, Texas. My passion for creating drone software started in 2014 with Autopilot, the first app for DJI drones in the iOS App Store. After Autopilot I cofounded Hangar and served as CTO until mid 2018. Since then I have been working hard to create Dronelink - the culmination of five years of experience and lessons learned. To those of you who have supported me along the way, thank you.

I look forward to creating the future of flight automation with you.

-Jim
How do get Dronelink?

I assume you worked with Brooks. Is he involved? I would like to more about the project, I'll check out the link... ps... I obviously nearby! Just checked and I'm already registered.

Last edited:

Dronelink is a very powerful product that keeps getting better. Jim and Eric just keep adding functionality and are very responsive to user input.

Anyone that hasn't taken a look, should. There are a whole series of tutorial videos that will walk you through the concepts and get you going. Once you start to get it, you will be amazed by what you can program your craft to do and repeat.

Reactions: Blott
I've searched dronelink website and Playstore but cant find a download, is this software or vaporware?

To get the Android app you must login to Dronelink. On the top left you will see bars click on it and then click on native app selection. Click on the Google Play Store and follow the instructions. There is a problem with the DJI SDK on the Google Store. So the Android version is being distributed directly from Dronelink.

I've got it on my iPad Pro 11 and iPad min 4, I'll give it a shot... I checked it out briefly early on, but I'll give it a shot after I watch a few of your videos

Reactions: parkgt
I purchased the hobbyist subscription and was wondering if there is a way to get the apk to install on an Amazon Fire tablet? I've done the necessary hacks to get Google Play and Google products to run on the device but to install the apk, the Fire OS says that its not going to work. Was hoping for a workaround.

Thanks!

Reactions: pescobar61
I purchased the hobbyist subscription and was wondering if there is a way to get the apk to install on an Amazon Fire tablet?

Even if you could, the processors in the Fire Tablets are fairly low power so probably wouldn’t give you a good experience with Dronelink anyway.

DroneLink is the best autonomous flight app available. The power and control over the drone as well as the ability to share with others is work far more than the $20.

Reactions: dronelink
Hey guys,

I just grabbed DroneLink to mess with on my Mavic Mini - Q for you more seasoned pros. I created a mession on my desktop then went out to the location only to discover my start point was right under a bunch of power lines. Is there a way I can manually lift off - maneuver over to near the start area then execute the mission? I tried for a bit and couldnt figure it out on my phone so I returned home :(

Hey guys,

I just grabbed DroneLink to mess with on my Mavic Mini - Q for you more seasoned pros. I created a mession on my desktop then went out to the location only to discover my start point was right under a bunch of power lines. Is there a way I can manually lift off - maneuver over to near the start area then execute the mission? I tried for a bit and couldnt figure it out on my phone so I returned home :(

Yes you can manually takeoff and position the MM where you want it. Then just start your mission. Dronelink will figure out everything once its airborne.

Can you use dronelink in free flight or do you always need to have a plan setup which you then execute ?

Can you use dronelink in free flight or do you always need to have a plan setup which you then execute ?

You can use it just like any other app. The planning portion makes it more valuable tool than some of the other apps out there.

You can use it just like any other app. The planning portion makes it more valuable tool than some of the other apps out there.

How do you change the flight mode to sport mode from the phone app ?
Can you also make changes to the RTH setting and OA settings
How do you make changes to frequencies and channels ?
Can you change yaw and gimbal settings while in free flight
Where are the menus to change these options ?

I can’t find where to change these options ?
Do you have to log into DJI Go4 or DJI FLY make the changes and then run dronelink again.

Last edited:
I can't find this on the Google play store?

What device are you trying to load it on, I'm not sure if latest Dronelink version is only 64 bit compatible.

You might need to side load a 32bit version app without the google playstore extra .apk's needed for the DJI monitors.

I'm running a oppo find x2 Pro, it's got the very latest snapdragon 865 soc and 12gb of ram, so I'd assume it be compatible

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78