DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing Dronelink

Without boring you, there is a technical reason why Dronelink cannot easily offer the native app on the play store.

To make you comfortable:

a) You can read reviews and comments about it on the IOS store
b) You can check out DL's facebook page (as well as their web site, Youtube page, etc.). The hype is real. For $20, you're adding a bunch of new functionality to your DJI drone.
c) You can check out the user group pager which now have thousands of users actively flying and making videos.
d) You can also check out the video put out by non-biased YouTubers and pilots who have been sharing their reviews, questions, and experiences with DL.
e) The team that worked on Dronelink worked on Autopilot - who of the oldest autonomous software solutions out there. This is not a fly by night organization for someone who is tinkering with creating drone software.

Being over cautious is completely understood. It's your hard earned money for the software - not to mention the drone you're trust it to fly.. But, I can assure you that if you use the software as it's intended, you'll be happy.
Thank you for all the help.

is anybody having focus issues using dronelink? no matter what I do the footage is not in focus.

in the dronelink app, the reticule says AF when I tap the screen. I can also switch between AF/MF or exposure (i'm assuming this is exposure lock?).

i'm using ios and a mavic pro. the drone works fine using dji go, pix4d, dronedeploy, etc.

Just checking back in. Focus is working for me now in Dronelink with the Mavic Pro.

Hey everyone,

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I’ve been heads-down working on my next project called Dronelink.

Dronelink is an entirely new approach to flight automation, and we are looking for beta testers on iOS, Android, and the web. This is a great opportunity for you to influence our product roadmap, and we would love your feedback. You can join the beta now, and our public launch is scheduled for later this year.

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jim McAndrew and I am a software architect and drone enthusiast from Austin, Texas. My passion for creating drone software started in 2014 with Autopilot, the first app for DJI drones in the iOS App Store. After Autopilot I cofounded Hangar and served as CTO until mid 2018. Since then I have been working hard to create Dronelink - the culmination of five years of experience and lessons learned. To those of you who have supported me along the way, thank you.

I look forward to creating the future of flight automation with you.

-Jim

I will go back to Dronelink when the mission can be load in the Drone in case of a connection interruption. Right now, it's not worth... At least I lose only $20 and not my $2,000 drone.

Reactions: shutterup
I will go back to Dronelink when the mission can be load in the Drone in case of a connection interruption. Right now, it's not worth... At least I lose only $20 and not my $2,000 drone.

You're more likely to lose your drone if the drone is flying itself full autonomously without you being able to see what its doing vs. giving you the ability to regain control and fly it manually. With DL, if you DO lose control, it will RTH. It's a safer way to fly - and more line with LOS rules.

That being said, Dronelink (as it did with Autopilot) will deploy offline waypoints, but we always saw it as a less than optimal way of controlling your drone.

Right now, it's not worth... At least I lose only $20 and not my $2,000 drone.

I agree with @egoldy here. You’re much more likely to lose your drone if you’re out of contact and have no idea specifically where it is or what’s happening to it.

You're more likely to lose your drone if the drone is flying itself full autonomously without you being able to see what its doing vs. giving you the ability to regain control and fly it manually. With DL, if you DO lose control, it will RTH. It's a safer way to fly - and more line with LOS rules.

That being said, Dronelink (as it did with Autopilot) will deploy offline waypoints, but we always saw it as a less than optimal way of controlling your drone.

Any of you never lose connection with your bird? Any of you good guys never flew way far the VLOS? Sorry, but Litchi and even DJI Go load the mission in the AC with options when the connection breaks... So, why Dronelink can do that? Check the tutorials in the Dronelink website and tell me if that people doesn't lose visual contact with the Drone. That being said, Dronelink needs some upgrades...

Any of you never lose connection with your bird? Any of you good guys never flew way far the VLOS? Sorry, but Litchi and even DJI Go load the mission in the AC with options when the connection breaks... So, why Dronelink can do that? Check the tutorials in the Dronelink website and tell me if that people doesn't lose visual contact with the Drone. That being said, Dronelink needs some upgrades...

As much as I've flown, I typically do NOT lose connection with the bird. I typically maintain rough line of sight - typically not flying more than 1500-2000 feet away.

Those videos on DL's site were done by us -- with DL. So, they were done without losing connection with the drone..

So, not a matter of "good/bad" guys - just I prefer to keep line of site with the drone.

As far as offline waypoints are concerned, we are planning on rolling it out in the next month or so for the M2P, I2, etc. The Mini will NOT support offline waypoints, nor will Litchi or DJI Fly support it due to the way that the SDK is built.

More upgrades are on the way.. Realize that these features were done by the dev for Autopilot - we will be enhancing DL to go beyond that..

Stay tuned..

Reactions: dawgpilot
I agree with @egoldy here. You’re much more likely to lose your drone if you’re out of contact and have no idea specifically where it is or what’s happening to it.
As much as I've flown, I typically do NOT lose connection with the bird. I typically maintain rough line of sight - typically not flying more than 1500-2000 feet away.

Those videos on DL's site were done by us -- with DL. So, they were done without losing connection with the drone..

So, not a matter of "good/bad" guys - just I prefer to keep line of site with the drone.

As far as offline waypoints are concerned, we are planning on rolling it out in the next month or so for the M2P, I2, etc. The Mini will NOT support offline waypoints, nor will Litchi or DJI Fly support it due to the way that the SDK is built.

More upgrades are on the way.. Realize that these features were done by the dev for Autopilot - we will be enhancing DL to go beyond that..

Stay tuned..

"Typically"

adverb
  1. in most cases; usually.
That proves my point. It happens. We don't want that, but it happens "typically". I use a few waypoints from at least 3 providers, including Dronelink. I prefer Dronelink, but I hate not to have assurance in "typically" situations. I will stay tune. Be safe.

"Typically"

adverb
  1. in most cases; usually.
That proves my point. It happens. We don't want that, but it happens "typically". I use a few waypoints from at least 3 providers, including Dronelink. I prefer Dronelink, but I hate not to have assurance in "typically" situations. I will stay tune. Be safe.

In the cases where I do lose connection, RTH will kick in - all good. I make sure I my RTH altitude set properly, and I've never ever had a fly away. If I want to do the mission , I'l move closer to where the drone needs to fly. That's been how I've done things...

Again, while we will look to launch offline waypoints, it will always been my secondary way of flying missions.

In the cases where I do lose connection, RTH will kick in - all good. I make sure I my RTH altitude set properly, and I've never ever had a fly away. If I want to do the mission , I'l move closer to where the drone needs to fly. That's been how I've done things...

Again, while we will look to launch offline waypoints, it will always been my secondary way of flying missions.

Let's agree with the VLOS rules. You move close to where the drone will do the mission. Don't you prefer to be sure that your drone complete the mission? That's what Dronelink is missing. I will wait for that update and in the meantime I will use others providers. Be safe.

Don't you prefer to be sure that your drone complete the mission?

But if you’re out of contact with the drone during a mission, how can you possibly know that it’s still flying safely (or still flying at all, come to that)?

But if you’re out of contact with the drone during a mission, how can you possibly know that it’s still flying safely (or still flying at all, come to that)?

I talking about losing connection, not visual contact. I always run the mission before create the mission to make sure I dodge obstacles. With Dronelink I lose everything while with the other services a lose just a brief connection. The result? The AC finish the mission and my footage is in the AC micro card. At the end is a matter of preferences. I still be tuned for that update from Dronelink.

I talking about losing connection, not visual contact.

Maybe I’m just lucky in the areas I fly but at the point where I’m struggling to maintain visual contact, I haven’t yet lost a good connection with the drone.

Hey everyone,

I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I’ve been heads-down working on my next project called Dronelink.

Dronelink is an entirely new approach to flight automation, and we are looking for beta testers on iOS, Android, and the web. This is a great opportunity for you to influence our product roadmap, and we would love your feedback. You can join the beta now, and our public launch is scheduled for later this year.

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Jim McAndrew and I am a software architect and drone enthusiast from Austin, Texas. My passion for creating drone software started in 2014 with Autopilot, the first app for DJI drones in the iOS App Store. After Autopilot I cofounded Hangar and served as CTO until mid 2018. Since then I have been working hard to create Dronelink - the culmination of five years of experience and lessons learned. To those of you who have supported me along the way, thank you.

I look forward to creating the future of flight automation with you.

-Jim

hello Jim, could you please tell me if it works on smarcontroller or how to install it? thanks

How much space does Dronelink take up on my device?
I stopped the Android download when it said it was downloading like 20+Gb. I don't have the space and it will take hours on my slow connection to download.

/edit - ended up being 141Mb download, took about 10 minutes on my connection.

Last edited:
Tried signing up. Had to disable content blockers on iOS safari. Tried again. Said I was registered. Tried signing in then, and I get a spinning circle. Don’t use chrome and won’t install it. Didn’t get an confirmation email either despite saying account was created. I’m stuck. Any ideas?
I have exactly same issue. Im ready with my credit card but can't log in !!! Dis you have any luck ravedog

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird