DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Introducing the new Cyclone Antenna System

I just did the Cyclone install on a P3A this past week. Straight forward install great customer service from Titan and someone knowledgeable answers the phone every time you call. They respond to emails promptly. I'm not affiliated with the company in any way just reporting my experience. But in a rural area over pretty much all farm land, I flew over 15,000 ft and could have flown farther with a battery mod. It prompted me to RTH as I maxed out the battery distance. Still need to test over more populated areas as this was only my second attempt with it. But the Phantoms I've heard are not as good for distance as the Mavic when compared to stock.
Have a new Mavic showing up tomorrow that I will test with as well, just need to get the bracket for the Mavic RC, as they use a T lock attachment when transferring the unit. So will be able to use it on both units, that being a nice feature for sure.

I just did the Cyclone install on a P3A this past week. Straight forward install great customer service from Titan and someone knowledgeable answers the phone every time you call. They respond to emails promptly. I'm not affiliated with the company in any way just reporting my experience. But in a rural area over pretty much all farm land, I flew over 15,000 ft and could have flown farther with a battery mod. It prompted me to RTH as I maxed out the battery distance. Still need to test over more populated areas as this was only my second attempt with it. But the Phantoms I've heard are not as good for distance as the Mavic when compared to stock.
Have a new Mavic showing up tomorrow that I will test with as well, just need to get the bracket for the Mavic RC, as they use a T lock attachment when transferring the unit. So will be able to use it on both units, that being a nice feature for sure.
Their customer service is excellent, I had problems with mine which was dealt with swiftly

Was debating ordering the bracket I need for the Mavic controller so I could use it on both birds. But unsure at this point if I want to add the weight to the controller. My phantom needed the signal boost but this Mavic seems better stock. Time will tell. How is the RC to mod on the Mavic?
Assuming about the same as it was for the Phantom.

Was debating ordering the bracket I need for the Mavic controller so I could use it on both birds. But unsure at this point if I want to add the weight to the controller. My phantom needed the signal boost but this Mavic seems better stock. Time will tell. How is the RC to mod on the Mavic?
Assuming about the same as it was for the Phantom.
How well did it work for your Phantom?

Very well in Los conditions as I guess that's what is intended. Out in the country and open area its limited to the battery and I'm assuming that's how it will be over heavy wifi congested areas as well. Reached 3 miles one way and still had signal but battery warning kicked in.
But I flew from my yard at an angle I normally fly. There is some taller trees about 60 yrds out that direction. It went as far as it did stock. I had plenty of elevation at 400 ft but I think the problem is the angle of the signal was still being interupted by the tree line and bouncing off once I hit that furthest point. Stock and boosted both dropped at the same point losing the video feed.
Have yet to test it over city conditions with wifi interference etc.

Reactions: Adamcain112
Very well in Los conditions as I guess that's what is intended. Out in the country and open area its limited to the battery and I'm assuming that's how it will be over heavy wifi congested areas as well. Reached 3 miles one way and still had signal but battery warning kicked in.
But I flew from my yard at an angle I normally fly. There is some taller trees about 60 yrds out that direction. It went as far as it did stock. I had plenty of elevation at 400 ft but I think the problem is the angle of the signal was still being interupted by the tree line and bouncing off once I hit that furthest point. Stock and boosted both dropped at the same point losing the video feed.
Have yet to test it over city conditions with wifi interference etc.

I think this addition is needed more on the Phantom’s than the Mavic for sure!

The Mavic is awesome straight up out of the box!

The Phantom needs help!

Good you got it working!

Quick and easy cruise control using a thumb screw tripod mount and one of my daughters hair bands haha,held in place with dual lock.
Works very well on a long run

Attachments

• IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 97
Quick and easy cruise control using a thumb screw tripod mount and one of my daughters hair bands haha,held in place with dual lock.
Works very well on a long run

If this is not being a redneck.... I don't know what is... :) haha I had a good laugh. Best part is you can still override the hairband... err cruise control if you have to!

20171012_123400.jpg 20171012_123336.jpg

These Mavic tablet mounts I just picked up should work great to take the weight off the Phantom rc as well. With the regular harness and those added it balances it perfect. Will make a huge difference especially with this setup as it gets pretty heavy fast even 15 min into the first flight. Works great on the Mavic as well but I bought the polorized pro phone mount for it so I don't have to remove the case on my Note 8 and their design doesn't add much weight at all. And if I want to use the tablet these are much lighter as well with the Mavic setup.

IMG_0616.JPG IMG_0617.JPG Thought I'd mod my spare cyclone, with some CCP's that others have tried on phantoms I've seen.I had a quick test today from my garden and went 8,000 ft more than the cyclone on its own in a high interference area. Probably be spring now until I test it at my usual places. I also need to mount it better or remove the patches from the casing and make it lighter because it's way too heavy on the RC mounts like this.

Last edited:
View attachment 24838 View attachment 24839 Thought I'd mod my spare cyclone, with some CCP's that others have tried on phantoms I've seen.I had a quick test today from my garden and went 8,000 ft more than the cyclone on its own in a high interference area. Probably be spring now until I test it at my usual places. I also need to mount it better or remove the patches from the casing and make it lighter because it's way too heavy on the RC mounts like this.
Wow maybe use a lanyard very cool

Reactions: **mick**
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro