DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iOS DJI Fly 1.1.5 crashes on startup on iPhone 11 pro

Korrd

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
While it was working fine on my device as of yesterday, this morning the app began crashing on launch. I've already rebooted device, uninstalled then reinstalled, to no avail. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Vic

---

UPDATE

If I set my device on flight mode, it works just fine. The moment I go out of flight mode, and allow it to access The Internet®, it crashes.

Looks like it is getting a garbage response from a service it is consuming, hence causing a crash due to an unhandled exception on the app code.

---

UPDATE 2:

The issue is related to the facebook SDK. It has happened before.

Increased error rates in iOS SDK - Facebook for Developers
Github issue

There is an outage, and crashes reported. While this will solve itself the moment facebook can fix this, the DJI Fly app should be able to handle such eventualities on its own.

---

UPDATE 3:

Thread on DJI forums where this issue is being dealth with: iOS DJI Fly 1.1.5 crashes on startup if the device has inet access

---

UPDATE 4:

If you disable flight mode while in the air, the app dies and you are left in the dark, hoping for RTH to save you.

Last edited:
If I set my device on flight mode, it works just fine. The moment I go out of flight mode, and allow it to access The Internet®, it crashes.

Looks like it is getting a garbage response from a service it is consuming, hence causing a crash due to an unhandled exception on the app code.

Yep, thank God im not the only one!!

Somethings odd, put your device on airplane mode and it'll work.

I'm presuming this is a problem at DJIs end, surprised there's nothing on their forums about the issue, and theres not much on here about it either.

Reactions: gb160

There is an outage, and crashes reported. While this will solve itself the moment facebook can fix this, the DJI Fly app should be able to handle such eventualities on its own.

I have just received my Air 2 and the DJI Fly app keeps crashing on my iPhone XR with iOS 13.5.1...
Kind of depressing when you wait for some weeks to finally get the drone and then the app won’t load.
I already deleted the app, restarted the iPhone and reinstalled it again.. still not starting up :/

Any ideas?

I have just received my Air 2 and the DJI Fly app keeps crashing on my iPhone XR with iOS 13.5.1...
Kind of depressing when you wait for some weeks to finally get the drone and then the app won’t load.
I already deleted the app, restarted the iPhone and reinstalled it again.. still not starting up :/

Any ideas?
It's Zuckerbergs fault.

On a serious note, it's an external issue causing it, we'll just have to wait for it to be fixed.
Put airplane mode on and the app will run.

Check the first post. I've updated it with the latest information of this issue.

Quite ridiculous if you're asking me. What has facebook to do with my DJi drone? I don't even have facebook.

• Haha
Reactions: gb160
Do you imagine what would happen it if were to crash mid-flight?

I've just tested that, and if you disable flight mode while in the air, the app dies and you are left in the dark, hoping for RTH to save you if you are too far away to manually bring it home.

Reactions: edmavic
While it was working fine on my device as of yesterday, this morning the app began crashing on launch. I've already rebooted device, uninstalled then reinstalled, to no avail. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Vic
Have seen this and and had them try again and third time was a charm.?‍♂️

Vic

---

UPDATE

---

UPDATE 2:

---

UPDATE 3:

Thread on DJI forums where this issue is being dealth with: iOS DJI Fly 1.1.5 crashes on startup if the device has inet access

Yep, same problem here

Im in Hong Kong. I was literally flying 4 hours ago ... iPhone11Pro Mavic Mini ... telephone, bluetooth and wifi all on no problem. One hour ago (around 8am NYC time) the DJI Fly App stopped booting up and would crash. Going full airport mode (phone and wifi) seems to remedy the problem. No internet means no maps, so I hope whaver it is the the "internet" is doing that affects the app will be resolved soon ... with out all of us MavicPilots being accused of spying !

No internet also means that you cannot do self-unlock, which makes flying through my area (I am 5.1km away from an airfield) nigh impossible.

Yeah, I can confirm on my side.

Still, the facebook incident is still open and reported as investigating. I wouldn't dare fly until either they address the issue with a new DJI fly app release, or the incident is at least marked as resolved.

Not fancying risking an expensive drone just for the sake of it.

Frankly, I'd like to see a postmortem from this incident, if publicly available. It would help build confidence on their development processes.

Yeah, I can confirm on my side.

Still, the facebook incident is still open and reported as investigating. I wouldn't dare fly until either they address the issue with a new DJI fly app release, or the incident is at least marked as resolved.

Not fancying risking an expensive drone just for the sake of it.

Frankly, I'd like to see a postmortem from this incident, if publicly available. It would help build confidence on their development processes.
Or not.... as the case maybe!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78