DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Iowa Moves to Shield Livestock Farms from Drone Surveillance

An equally valid assumption might be that farmers don't want dipsticks with drones harrasing their live stock, especially around calving/lambing time.

Reactions: Cafguy
An equally valid assumption might be that farmers don't want dipsticks with drones harrasing their live stock, especially around calving/lambing time.
Then they would make a law that says you cannot harass livestock using a drone, a car, a boat, a whistle, a skateboard, or anything else. And therefore, let the drone fly freely overhead and capture whatever photos and videos are visible from above as long as it doesn't harass. But we already know this isn't the case, this legislation doesn't surprise me; nothing new: go to jail, confiscate the drone forever....whatever. Been going on for decades in the US and I'm surprised it hasn't happened as much elsewhere in the world but the laws may be different elsewhere I guess.

This is what your government seeks to protect with such drone laws (it's not the best footage but it's on youtube so it's fairly ok but please watch only if you wish; not me, not my videos, no further comments from me):

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Tell me the advantages of checking livestock with a drone Besides "They are way over there" ( Beyond VLOS by the way.) . I would think a horse would be about 1000 percent better.

Tell me the advantages of checking livestock with a drone Besides "They are way over there" ( Beyond VLOS by the way.) . I would think a horse would be about 1000 percent better.
Good uses for drones on the range; old video so I assume it has much improved:

Sc-UxPeowcg" >

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ag36