DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad 10.2 connection problems

icesailr

Reactions
I bought and use (when I can) an Ipad 7th generation WiFi 32gb software 13.6.1with my Mavic Air2 - it connected the first time I used it about 4 weeks ago.
one week ago, it would not connect. The next day it connected, and I used it for several days. today it would not connect again. I disconnected and reconnected
the wires. I turned the controller and the Air2 off. I tried turning the Air2 on first. I tried turning the controller on first. I first had the Air2 about 12' from me. I then
moved it 2' from me. Any idea's

sounds like a cable issue between the RC and device

Reactions: zeusfl and Thomas B
sounds like a cable issue between the RC and device
Yes, that would seem to be the case. However, I've already done the following:

1. I do use a double cable to get the length needed to reach the Ipad. It is the original mavic cable and a short Apple cable.
It always works with my iphone. And has worked intermittently with the tablet as described. (currently, after trying to use
the Ipad this AM, the Ipad still does not connect. SO with everthing still turned on, I disconnected the ipad and connected
my Iphone with that double cable. The result is instant connection.

2. So, I removed the second apple cable and with the ipad laying next to the controller to be close enough, I used
just the standard mavic cable. No connection. SO with everthing still turned on, I disconnected the ipad and connected
my Iphone with that single cable. The result is instant connection.

I think/hope that shows that the cable is not the problem?

Thank you for your thoughts, I hope you or someone else can shed light on this.

Here's an update of trying software solution.
1. I deleted the FLY app from my Ipad and reinstalled. Now with the double cable as a test IT CONNECTS !
2. So I switched to the IPHONE. It Connects
3. Switched back to Ipad. It still connects

This doesn't neccesarily solve my problem long term Because... with my feeble memory, I just rembered that is what
I did after the first time this happened, and then the Ipad worked again, Until Today.

So, it may happen again, and I don't have cell on the ipad to uninstall and reinstall.

So please, if this sounds familiar please let me know how to solve long term.

Thank you.

I was having a connection issue with my 10.5” iPad Pro recently. I ruled out the cable as the issue persisted with three different cables. I ended up cleaning a small bit of lint out of the Lightning port with a small dental pick, and then I cleaned the port with 91% isopropyl alcohol. I dipped the Lightning plug (other end unplugged) into the alcohol and then inserted it several times into the iPAD, and I did this multiple times. I then let it dry, and I have had no issues since then.

I was having a connection issue with my 10.5” iPad Pro recently. I ruled out the cable as the issue persisted with three different cables. I ended up cleaning a small bit of lint out of the Lightning port with a small dental pick, and then I cleaned the port with 91% isopropyl alcohol. I dipped the Lightning plug (other end unplugged) into the alcohol and then inserted it several times into the iPAD, and I did this multiple times. I then let it dry, and I have had no issues since then.
I'll take a look at that for sure. Thank you for the tip.

I bought and use (when I can) an Ipad 7th generation WiFi 32gb software 13.6.1with my Mavic Air2 - it connected the first time I used it about 4 weeks ago.
one week ago, it would not connect. The next day it connected, and I used it for several days. today it would not connect again. I disconnected and reconnected
the wires. I turned the controller and the Air2 off. I tried turning the Air2 on first. I tried turning the controller on first. I first had the Air2 about 12' from me. I then
moved it 2' from me. Any idea's
Try rebooting the iPad, occasionally this happens to me especially my iPhone.

Good luck
Paul

Just get a cable without converters in between. Is the way to go.

I use a USB-C to lightening cable that I purchased directly from Apple and have had no issues. I've had multiple issues with non-Apple cables from Amazon so I wasn't going to waste any money on one of those.

Having said that, I have had the issue you describe with multiple iPhones and iPads using original Apple lightening cables and highly recommend you do the cleaning described in a prior post to this thread before you spend the money on a new cable, as you might find you need the cleaning anyway, despite the new cable.

I use a USB-C to lightening cable that I purchased directly from Apple and have had no issues. I've had multiple issues with non-Apple cables from Amazon so I wasn't going to waste any money on one of those.

Having said that, I have had the issue you describe with multiple iPhones and iPads using original Apple lightening cables and highly recommend you do the cleaning described in a prior post to this thread before you spend the money on a new cable, as you might find you need the cleaning anyway, despite the new cable.
Thank you both for the cleaning recommendations. I had not thought of that. I did clean it yesterday and so far so good.

Reactions: Brockrock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard