DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad 4 cellular version

Ahh interesting. So I actually just purchased a wifi+cellular version. Will I need to enable mobile data in order to get option 2 and 3. Based on your message, it sounds like I can DISABLE mobile data, but still have GPS similarly to how a phone works, but if I want the maps to show I have to cache them beforehand OR connect to a hotspot?

Correct, the GPS is not at all linked to the cellular stuff, it is just that the cellular model is the only one that has a GPS chip.
and Correct, if you do not have a simcard with a data bundle/contract whatever, then you need to cache the maps or connect to a hotspot.
Thumbswayup

Reactions: black_magic100
It cost me $20 a month. Less than a dollar a day. I use my iPad Pro for my MP and my Inspire. I’m not worried about $20 a month.
That's good for you, but I am a college student and while I most definitely CAN afford the fee, It's not something that I need. I usually use the same motto of "it's less than a dollar a day" whenever I buy protein, pre-workout etc and before I know it I am spending $7 or $8 a day on something I don't absolutely need lol.

Btw you pay $20 a month because you probably have unlimited data. If you pay per gb it is $10 for anyone else reading.

edit: I don't mean for this to come off as condescending btw, just making a financial point as to why I do not want to pay the $10.

If I’m worried about $20 a month I really have no business flying big $$$ Drons. Just making a financial point.

If I’m worried about $20 a month I really have no business flying big $$$ Drons. Just making a financial point.
That is terrible financial advice. If you actively use it and need it then by all means, but why would I pay for something that I don't need and honestly have never used. I don't even use the maps on DJI go, as a matter of fact I usually switch it to the radar view because I like it better.

We don’t need drones but we buy them anyway. Lol. We all buy things we don’t need.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos