DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad 4 cellular version

Ahh interesting. So I actually just purchased a wifi+cellular version. Will I need to enable mobile data in order to get option 2 and 3. Based on your message, it sounds like I can DISABLE mobile data, but still have GPS similarly to how a phone works, but if I want the maps to show I have to cache them beforehand OR connect to a hotspot?

Correct, the GPS is not at all linked to the cellular stuff, it is just that the cellular model is the only one that has a GPS chip.
and Correct, if you do not have a simcard with a data bundle/contract whatever, then you need to cache the maps or connect to a hotspot.
Thumbswayup

Reactions: black_magic100
It cost me $20 a month. Less than a dollar a day. I use my iPad Pro for my MP and my Inspire. I’m not worried about $20 a month.
That's good for you, but I am a college student and while I most definitely CAN afford the fee, It's not something that I need. I usually use the same motto of "it's less than a dollar a day" whenever I buy protein, pre-workout etc and before I know it I am spending $7 or $8 a day on something I don't absolutely need lol.

Btw you pay $20 a month because you probably have unlimited data. If you pay per gb it is $10 for anyone else reading.

edit: I don't mean for this to come off as condescending btw, just making a financial point as to why I do not want to pay the $10.

If I’m worried about $20 a month I really have no business flying big $$$ Drons. Just making a financial point.

If I’m worried about $20 a month I really have no business flying big $$$ Drons. Just making a financial point.
That is terrible financial advice. If you actively use it and need it then by all means, but why would I pay for something that I don't need and honestly have never used. I don't even use the maps on DJI go, as a matter of fact I usually switch it to the radar view because I like it better.

We don’t need drones but we buy them anyway. Lol. We all buy things we don’t need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob@max