DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad ARGHH advice required.

Yes the Directional / Attitude Indicator, so far it appears to work as it should.
I do miss the back and a Task List button but no big deal as I only use it to fly my DJI & Xiaomi drones.

The screen on my iPad Air 2 has gone black twice but they were both from overheating and only about 15 mins into the flight on the M2P. It seems the recent Go4 app really pushes the Air 2 to its limits sometimes.
I have since got an iPad 2018 for that and other things and use the Air 2 as my dslr controller via CamRanger.
Don't think it would have overheated, it was or a very cold day but if it was and it happens again the iPad Air will have to go.

Bought an ipad mini 4 just after getting Mavic Pro 2yrs ago, great bit of kit, never any problems with ipad. Use Litchi almost exclusively, bird flies like a dream. Ipads seem to work better with these drones.

Don't think it would have overheated, it was or a very cold day but if it was and it happens again the iPad Air will have to go.
It was in the upper 70's when it happened to me. When it went black I popped my iPhone 6 in and it went black in less than ten minues. By then the iPad was better and hooked it up to finish the flight. I was in a big open gravel lot only a few meters off the ground testing the replacement M2P I got back from DJI so there was no panic involved at least. It still took me by suprise that even the phone couldn't hack it. It had no problem running the M2P last year when I purchased it. To me that shows that the app is currently using alot more power from the device running it. I could compare it with Litchi and see how they differ I guess.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet