DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad capacity size query - DJI Go 4 / Litchi etc

Dur8an Poison

Reactions
Can anyone advise the Recomended capacity size of an iPad to run or use the DJI Go 4 and third party apps like litchi? Is it the case of the bigger the better and by the 128GB?

I would think basic on the go editing will be done on the iPad and major stuff on the PC.
Is a 32GB too small?

Any advice. Thanks

It’s more the processor than memory capacity.
As long as you have a mini 4, 16 will work.
If you want to store a lot of pics, get as much storage as you can afford.

Reactions: Dur8an Poison
Can anyone advise the Recomended capacity size of an iPad to run or use the DJI Go 4 and third party apps like litchi? Is it the case of the bigger the better and by the 128GB?

I would think basic on the go editing will be done on the iPad and major stuff on the PC.
Is a 32GB too small?

Any advice. Thanks

I've done most of my flying (100+ hours) on a 16 GB, wifi only, iPad Air 2 and have had no problems with space, or running the various apps needed for flying. I don't cache video and regularly delete photos, but as the OP stated, it is the processor type, not the storage space, that will determine how well your phone or tablet works.

Reactions: Dur8an Poison
I've done most of my flying (100+ hours) on a 16 GB, wifi only, iPad Air 2 and have had no problems with space, or running the various apps needed for flying. I don't cache video and regularly delete photos, but as the OP stated, it is the processor type, not the storage space, that will determine how well your phone or tablet works.

So good to find someone on WiFi only. How do you do a RTH to controller on WiFi only. I mistakenly presumed it was only data transfer that it didn’t have but believe it’s also gps it doesn’t have. Are there certain features like RTH back to controller and what else that can’t be done? Also wondered how it updates maps or do you hotspot from your phone? I can’t determije if hotspotting will also share the phones GPS location with the tablet as don’t want to make a restrictive purchase. Tablets are not cheap so don’t want to buy twice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman