DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini 4 help

• Thread starter Deleted member 94307
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94307

I have iPad mini 4 and have everything turned off and took all the apps I don’t use off. It has the lower memory of the two models and has internet.

Large screen often breaks up/completely freezes when I use it and sometimes I get the cpu fully loaded message from go4 and dji go app. Same thing happens with all three of my drones when I use it. It’s worse in the heat.. seams to get better when I keep it out of a case but still has trouble.

I don’t think it had this problem right away or I would have returned it. That makes me suspicious about the cause. Although I guess new versions of dji go could have started over taxing the cpu.Many people have blamed the A8? Processor in the mini 4.

I have the mini updated . Is there anything I can possibly due to make it work?

I had my M2P from just over a couple of weeks and started with my iphone 8 to discover that I needed something bigger but not too big.
I bought a second hand iPad mini 4 cellular 16gb on ebay and it has improved the way I fly the Mavic a lot.
I seriously thing that your probleam has nothing to do with the processor or anything else in the iPad because mine works just perfect with it.
The only think I can suggest is to re-load the go4 app.

Do you turn off WiFi or cellular when you fly? Anything with settings I could be doing wrong?

I also use the mini -4 . Mine works great . If I’m in a spot that has cell service I will hotspot my iPad until I load the map then I drop the hotspot . I also use the iPad in airplane mode. .
Mine is only the basic model with only wifi . It is the 128 model . I also have a old iPad that like 5 years old and it works also but it’s big and clumsy .

Do you turn off WiFi or cellular when you fly? Anything with settings I could be doing wrong?
I don’t really know if I am doing it right but it works. I don’t have it on airplane mode, I can’t turn cellular off because I don’t use it with a SIM card and my WiFi is on. Like I said, I’m not expert but it works with flying and mapping too

I too use an iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi version and have no issues as you describe - is it possible the cable you are using is causing the issue?

Jim

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman