DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad mini 4 performance with latest DJI Go4

Just as a point of interest for those who have never cached a map, the area it cached was huge. I cached an area using the location I fly from while I am learning. I am in Bullhead City, Arizona and the cache extended to the Eastern suburbs of LA, North to about 30 miles North of North Las Vegas, South into Mexico and East, didn't note where it stopped. When I went into Google Maps to see how to retrieve it (I am on the East coast for another couple of weeks) it looks like it stores it for about 30 days before it automatically deletes it.

Reactions: andydownunder
The Mini4 works pretty well. CPU maxes out when recording screen and running Go but that warning doesn't seem to cause any real problems.

I bought my 128GB cellular one last fall for $325. A friend just bought a 128GB wifi one for $300. Both on eBay. They are overpriced so don't pay more than that. I keep the OS updated to the latest from Apple and the apps updated as well and don't install anything else on it.

I don't really like Apple stuff but for Go it works a lot better than Android. I had to keep one old S5 on Android 5 to run before I switched. My tablet and Nexus phone were on Android 7 and 8 and never really worked solidly. Litchi also works fine on the Mini4 - although you have to buy it again. It is missing some Android features but works well.

I am old and don't know about cached maps and thankfully can afford a $10/month cellular connection along with the purchase of the ipad mini 4 (I do not mean disrespect by this statement, in fact, I'm prolly letting you know I'm not smart enough to cache maps) . I got my ipad mini, set it up, and I have to say that it's fantastic. Instead of squinting at my iphone I can see clearly now. There was another thread started by a 50 something old gent, and I qualify, this flying business is the bomb. I feel like i'm a teenager, with a bit more money. My first flight as a kid was a plane, on a string, with batteries, and as long as I spinned around, the "plane" spinned around. LOL.

I'm not smart enough to cache maps

@ScottB I mean you no disrespect and I certainly have no issue with anything you have said or your reasoning EXCEPT :) :) Since you are obviously smart enough to fly one of these birds, smart is NOT an issue.

You got this, keep having fun.

Oh and by the way, my son and daughter are older than you.:) Thumbswayup

Today I had a warning about the maximum load of the processor on my ipad. MP was in the air.I have 4 mini 128gb with lte. Someone met with this? Drone, go4 and ipad in the current latest software version.

Today I had a warning about the maximum load of the processor on my ipad. MP was in the air.I have 4 mini 128gb with lte. Someone met with this? Drone, go4 and ipad in the current latest software version.

Did you have any other apps running at the same time? Especially with the cellular version that can connect anywhere this could be an issue with apps transmitting or receiving in the background. I would double tap the home button and then swipe away any other apps and leave just GO 4. Maybe even reboot the iPad for good measure (these things are mini computers and reboots fix lots of problems)

I have the same iPad and have seen the same error. Usually only when doing something extra like screen recording but I have seen it occasionally while just flying. It seems to be harmless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones