DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ipad mini 6 not working with DJI Fly

I deliberately asked for, and got, a Mini 6 for my birthday specifically to fly my Min I 2 drone and it works a treat! Turn drone and RC on, let them link, then connect and fire up Fly app on the iPad.
Using the cable that came with the Mini 2.
306490387_10160880687725992_8962746659579110453_n.jpeg

Obviously make sure nothing else is running (in the background) on the iPad. I have nothing loaded other than the Fly app.

Where did you get the Fly app from? Must ONLY be FROM HERE.

Obviously make sure nothing else is running (in the background) on the iPad. I have nothing loaded other than the Fly app.

Where did you get the Fly app from? Must ONLY be FROM HERE.
Hi!

I've got nothing running on the background, it looks like as if the controller isn't supplying enough power to the ipad, causing it to switch between charging and not-charging.
I downloaded the DJI Fly app from the official app-store so i don't think the app causes the issue.

You don't need to charge the iPad from the RC at all. Once you get the app up and running you can change that setting.
Intermittent charging would indicate an intermittent/lose connection. Are you using the original supplied cable?

"official app-store" as in DJI website as I posted?

You don't need to charge the iPad from the RC at all. Once you get the app up and running you can change that setting.
Intermittent charging would indicate an intermittent/lose connection. Are you using the original supplied cable?

"official app-store" as in DJI website as I posted?
Hi, i used the original dji cabel, as well as another usb-c datacable. Both cables work fine with my android phone, but i can't get it to work with my ipad. I downloaded the app from the dji site. Connecting the ipad to a pc also gives no problem, so that rules out an issue with the ipad's usb port. Tonight i'll try another rc-n1 remote controller of a friend of my. I'll let you know if thar may solve the issue. Also, the charging toggle-button is gone in the latest version of the dji fly app. In the android version as well as the ios version, your mobile device will always be charged.

Mine works just fine, always has, never experienced a hiccup.

I've always used these short (cheap) USB cables:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09S3G5NLC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

71tX3zonu3L._SX522_.jpg

Aerophile - The DJI cable supplied is all you need, fits perfectly!

FV9 - What OS is your iPad running? Must be at least 11 or higher.

I'm trying to remember if there are any settings in the iPad one needs to change............

Turn on your iPad and follow these initial instructions:
  1. Tap on the Settings icon/General/Software update to get the latest iOS system for your device.
  2. Free up some storage if needed, go to Settings/General/iPhone Storage
  3. Reduce the animation of the user interface to improve performance. Go to Settings/General/Accessibility/Reduce motion.
  4. Prevent apps from refreshing in the background. Go to Settings/General/Background App Refresh, and then turn it off.
  5. Prevent apps from retrieving your location. Go to Settings/Privacy/Location Services, then turn them all off or manually select the ones you want to turn off.
Now open the Fly App. Tap on Connection Guide and select the DJI Mini 2.
Tap on arrow < top left of screen and then Camera View - top right of screen.
Tap on three dots - . . . top right of screen and then select About - right hand option on the top menu.
You should then see this screen
IMG_0004.jpeg

Check that the App version is displayed confirming that the App is properly installed.
If this is all OK then there is a connection issue, either cable or socket in the RC.

Oh, something simple, make sure you have the cable in the correct socket on the Controller. Looking from the rear it should be in the Left Hand socket. The right hand one is just a storage socket.

IMG_0450.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0450.jpeg
    IMG_0450.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I have been using Mini 6 (just upgraded from Mini 4) with my Mavic 3. Both Go 4 (for Mavic Platinum) and Fly(For M3) works fine. So the issue is not with your iPad - Try resetting the iPad.
Hey Nash2017,
After trying to find answers to my questions, yours has been the closest by far in which I have been searching out… Seems there is no solid answer out here. I want to purchase a mini 6 for my M2pro which uses the go 4 app like your platinum as well, is there any reason you know of that this will set up will or won’t work, or have you or anyone else out in this vast world of drones have experience with this combo (M2p - Mini6 - Go4 app) ? Help from anyone one would be greatly appreciated! Thanks In advance!

Hey Nash2017,
After trying to find answers to my questions, yours has been the closest by far in which I have been searching out… Seems there is no solid answer out here. I want to purchase a mini 6 for my M2pro which uses the go 4 app like your platinum as well, is there any reason you know of that this will set up will or won’t work, or have you or anyone else out in this vast world of drones have experience with this combo (M2p - Mini6 - Go4 app) ? Help from anyone one would be greatly appreciated! Thanks In advance!
As I said, I have not had any issues with my iPad mini both 5 and 6th gen. Currently, I am using Mavic 3 with regular controller and iPad mini 6. Love that combo.

Reactions: cheddar-man
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31