DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini missing Map issue solved

This seems to be an iPad (and I thought iPhad Mini) specific bug. Has anyone seen this happen on other than a Mini? We need to report this to DJI so they can put it on their to fix list.

The good news is it just takes an uninstall/reinstall to work around the problem.

This seems to be an iPad (and I thought iPhad Mini) specific bug. Has anyone seen this happen on other than a Mini? We need to report this to DJI so they can put it on their to fix list.

The good news is it just takes an uninstall/reinstall to work around the problem.
Yeah but you'll lose your data every time you do that.

Im not sure if this is the same issue? ipad air2 .3 times I've lost my map screen.The first 2 times I got it back by Fiddling around with it .Yesterday when it did it again I tried to figure out what actually got it back on..I took it out of AP mode,went to ipad maps ,then went back to go4 and it showed up on the screen.Put it back i AP mode and was good to go.I wont know weather thats what did it or not until it happens again

Im not sure if this is the same issue? ipad air2 .3 times I've lost my map screen.The first 2 times I got it back by Fiddling around with it .Yesterday when it did it again I tried to figure out what actually got it back on..I took it out of AP mode,went to ipad maps ,then went back to go4 and it showed up on the screen.Put it back i AP mode and was good to go.I wont know weather thats what did it or not until it happens again

This sounds similar (missing maps) but I think it's a different issue. The only way to fix the Mini issue is to uninstall and reinstall. (I tried everything short of that before I did the uninstall and reinstall and others have reported the same).

DJI GO 4 was repeatedly crashing on my new iPad Mini 4. I tried all the suggested fixes. The one that worked was to uninstall and reinstall the app -- but now my maps are gone! I'm terrified that if I uninstall/install the app as suggested herein, I'll be back to repeated crashes. Suggestions?

DJI GO 4 was repeatedly crashing on my new iPad Mini 4. I tried all the suggested fixes. The one that worked was to uninstall and reinstall the app -- but now my maps are gone! I'm terrified that if I uninstall/install the app as suggested herein, I'll be back to repeated crashes. Suggestions?

I had no crashes and do have maps after reinstall. Note, I have found IOS 11.2.1 (the latest) to be the most stable with DJI GO4 and the iPad Mini 4.

In my case I don't allow my app to update automatically and in most cases I have wifi turned off. My Mini is a dedicated to just flying and haven't updated anything since April. I don't intend to update since they haven't offered any new functionality (other than goggles) or fixed anything. I'll stay right where i'm at for the life of my Mavic unless they offer something worth while. Mines been modded so that's another reason for me to not update.
I completely agree: NEVER update software unless there is some new functionality that you feel you MUST have -- and even then take a snapshot of your system with RollbackRX Pro so you can roll back if necessary.

I had no crashes and do have maps after reinstall. Note, I have found IOS 11.2.1 (the latest) to be the most stable with DJI GO4 and the iPad Mini 4.
iOS 11.1 is what came with my new 128GB iPad MIni 4 from AT&T. DJI GO 4, which is NOT the latest version, is now super-stable following uninstall/reinstall. I'm afraid to upgrade either the DJI or the Apple software because DJI Assistant 2 does not work for me, which means I could not roll back to a previous version of DJI if necessary. After I've signed into DJI, the Assistant asks me to put a code into a Verification box. The DJI rep advised me to uninstall/reinstall the software but doing so accomplished nothing. I really do miss the maps, but I'm terrified of going back to repeated crashes.

iOS 11.1 is what came with my new 128GB iPad MIni 4 from AT&T. DJI GO 4, which is NOT the latest version, is now super-stable following uninstall/reinstall. I'm afraid to upgrade either the DJI or the Apple software because DJI Assistant 2 does not work for me, which means I could not roll back to a previous version of DJI if necessary. After I've signed into DJI, the Assistant asks me to put a code into a Verification box. The DJI rep advised me to uninstall/reinstall the software but doing so accomplished nothing. I really do miss the maps, but I'm terrified of going back to repeated crashes.

I don't think the uninstall/reinstall should cause your crashes to come back. I see no reason why that would happen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661