DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini WiFi or Cellular 4G

iamSteve

Reactions
I currently use a Nvidia Shield K1 to run Litchi, I also run DJI but it will crash every time. I am considering using an iPad Mini 4, I realise that the WiFi version does not have a GPS, but my question is how important is this?

If the app crashes with the RTH point still be the same as when the drone took off?

I guess the dynamic home point will not function?

Any other advice on WiFi vs 4G?

Steve

Reactions: TimesTen
I have the mini 4 wifi and like it. No issues yet. I cache the maps for the area I'm going to be flying in while on wifi. If I ever need a connection in the field, I connect to the hotspot on my mobile phone long enough to cache the maps I need. I have never had an app crash on the mini. I make sure all other apps are closed before I start and then put it in airplane mode for the flights. Not sure about the RTH as I haven't used it.

Reactions: iamSteve
I managed to get a Mini 4 Cellular in the end so I can update a map without tethering and have GPS. Sold the K1 easily.

I am no Apple Fan boy (even though I have an iPad Pro) but I have more faith running DJI on IOS now rather than crashing on Droid every time or forced to use Litchi as it rarely crashed. Nothing wrong with Litchi though, bought it again on IOS.

Reactions: Paulbee
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flyingthe405