DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Mini

I should have the Mini4 tomorrow. What settings will I need to be concerned with? I probably will not get cellular service right away, though.

I should have the Mini4 tomorrow.

If you're like me, you will want to take your time performing the unboxing. Instead of ripping it apart with a kitchen knife like a very popular reviewer does, you will want to use a box-cutter to very carefully make slits along the back -- one side plus the top and bottom. By doing so, you will be able to remove the tablet without removing all the plastic wrap from the box.

You did not say what color you got, but I can tell you that when I opened my Silver unit (the one with the silver back but white front), I was emotionally moved by how very elegant the unit appears, not to mention how thin and light in weight.

What settings will I need to be concerned with?

I dedicated my Mini to flying, as I have an LG V10 that can do everything I want, and more, from a SmartPhone if I need data.

Dedicated means I turned off every app on the Mini4 except DJI GO 4.

I probably will not get cellular service right away, though.

If you have a SmartPhone with access to data, then you don't need monthly cellular service for the Mini 4.

According to Apple, if you have their SIM, you can buy data in just the amount you need in over 180 countries, which are listed on their web site. Do your homework re this, because I believe I read that AT&T is an exception -- they will make you switch to an AT&T SIM, even if you choose not to sign up for a monthly subscription.
[/QUOTE

Got the Mini 4 yesterday, and the tablet holder and cable (both Skyreat) today. Took some test flights already, and the Mini 4 is BEAUTIFUL.
It is a luxury for me to have a dedicated device, but I think that was part of my problem with my Note4. Since my Note4 was also my phone and text and email and everything else, I think the memory (RAM) was just too crowded for GO4 to run properly.

In case you get caught in direct sunlight or you wear polarized sunglasses, you might also want to grab this:

Hoodman HAV1 Drone Aviator Hood for iPad mini 1/2/3/4, DJI HAV1

1447691799000_1192627.jpg

It straps on with 3 adjustable bands and you can use it with an Otterbox or other case since it sits on the edge of the display. It does wonders for me having polarized prescription glasses, and it has a hand slit on the bottom allowing access to the entire screen.

Jake

Hi, first time poster. Looks like a really useful group and I look forward to participating :). I just bought the Mavic Air, having previously owned a Phantom 2 that, to be honest, I didn't use much because it was too cumbersome to conveniently take anywhere. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Mavic can do.

Like the OP, I am also looking for a dedicated display (i.e. one that isn't my primary phone/tablet) and I'm happy to buy a second hand iPad Mini 2 or 4. My question is about storage capacity. Given that this will be used solely for the Mavic Air, is there any reason why I need to buy larger than the 16GB model?

Also, I already have a first gen iPad Air 128GB (not cellular, but from what I have read above I could pair it with my iPhone to get the cellular functionality - have I got that right?). It's not really being used since I got a Surface Pro. Is that too long in the tooth (or too big?) to use in this way?

Thanks for any guidance.

Hi, first time poster. Looks like a really useful group and I look forward to participating :). I just bought the Mavic Air, having previously owned a Phantom 2 that, to be honest, I didn't use much because it was too cumbersome to conveniently take anywhere. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Mavic can do.

Like the OP, I am also looking for a dedicated display (i.e. one that isn't my primary phone/tablet) and I'm happy to buy a second hand iPad Mini 2 or 4. My question is about storage capacity. Given that this will be used solely for the Mavic Air, is there any reason why I need to buy larger than the 16GB model?

Also, I already have a first gen iPad Air 128GB (not cellular, but from what I have read above I could pair it with my iPhone to get the cellular functionality - have I got that right?). It's not really being used since I got a Surface Pro. Is that too long in the tooth (or too big?) to use in this way?

Thanks for any guidance.
My iPad mini 4 is a 16gb model, and it's ok.

iPad air doesn't fit in RC clamps, if I understood your question.

I just got an ipad mini 4 to use with the mavic and it wont let me download DGIgo4 until I give it my credit card details and phone number
This is ********.
I dont have a phone number
Any way around this crap?

My iPad mini 4 is a 16gb model, and it's ok.

iPad air doesn't fit in RC clamps, if I understood your question.
Thanks for that. I appreciate I would probably need a different holder for the 9.7" ipad. There seem to be a number o=f decent ones available. From further research, it looks also like there are lots of people using original iPad Airs. Maybe not the best screen, but as I have one already . . .

Thanks for that. I appreciate I would probably need a different holder for the 9.7" ipad. There seem to be a number o=f decent ones available. From further research, it looks also like there are lots of people using original iPad Airs. Maybe not the best screen, but as I have one already . . .
The best ipad, is the one you already have.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard