DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad Pro 12.9" Mount/Holder

Rogue_Salt

Reactions
Hi all, I'm looking for advice on a good mount to use an iPad Pro 12.9 with a Mavic Pro controller. I searched the forums here, but couldn't find any previous discussion on the 12.9.

After flying with the large screen I now hate using my phone or smaller iPad. I've got the iPad in an OtterBox case/stand which works fine when I'm sitting, but I'm hoping to find a mount with a lanyard that will allow me to walk around while I fly (and hopefully still see the controller). Anyone else using this configuration and found a solution?

The iPad is 12" x 8.68" x .27".

There are several out there, unfortunately they don't have a lot of reviews, some have bad reviews. Here is one I ran across a while ago that shows promise: https://amzn.to/2JvRqUT

Mavmount is also excellent, they are expensive but worth it. The Mavmount 3.0 with the 12.9 bracket is $64 USD

For iPad Pro 12.9 inch I would only suggest Twelve South ParcSlope. It securely holds your iPad and you can use it easily from different angles. So for me, it is one of the best iPad Pro holders.

I have just purchased the LifThor SIF XXL for my iPad Pro 12.9'. I think it is a great product, well made and feels great to use. Even without the lanyard, the balance is very good and I only have a Mavic Air. I can't stand using my phone to fly anymore.

https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/product-page/lifthor-sif-xxl

Recommended from me

Jason

I purchased the LifThor SIF for my CS Ultra because it is the only bracket which allows me to view display, controls and buttons on RC once the display device is attached to the bracket. I like the fact that I was able to get answers to my questions using on-line chat feature. The shipment from Norway to Canada took only 6 days.

I just received my Mavmount (iPad pro 12.9). It's well made, very light weight, fits snugly and securely (you can really shake the whole thing around and there's no way that i-pad is coming loose). The lanyard is comfy and definitely worth the extra $16. The balance is the only thing that hasn't impressed me. I think in hindsight i maybe should have gone with the Lifthor Sif XXL. The lanyard helps take the weight so there's not as much strain holding it, and you can move it up and down and swivel it around, but i haven't found that truly comfortable setup yet that i can burn through 3-4 batteries worth of flight time.
If i pull the trigger on the Lifthor i'll be back to post my thoughts on that one too.

Hate to revive a zombie, but has anyone found any other options for use with iPad Pro 12.9?

Last edited:
I nave the new LifThor made in Sweden. Its base is solid aluminum and clamps very securely to the controller. The actual pad holder is plastic but very sturdy. One thing to be aware if with any ipad holder, it makes the controller feel very out of balance.

Yes I bought one,but trying it with the iPad Pro 12.9 , it’s way too top heavy,and feels like an accident waiting to happen, even with a neck strap clipped on.
its ok with smaller lighter tablets,but then again,so are smaller size much cheaper holders.

MavMount 3.0. Super quality, hardly any weight, really well balanced, great looking (and adjustable) lanyard. Infinite adjustable positions. Worth the money- about $75 USD. You get what you pay for!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian