DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ipad pro and the new dji smart controller compatible?

Are you referring to totally bypassing the Smart Controller and running DJI GO on an iPad? If so, that's not possible.

Why would you want to? Not trying to be snarky, just curious.

Hi - and thanks for getting back to me .

No I'm interested in using the ipad as an auxiliary screen to my smart controller - I've tried the USB on the controller to the USB C on the pad - but no luck

It would be great to be able to hook them up

Might there be a wireless bluetooth/wifi option

Thanks for your time

: )

Hi - I could temporarily hand off the flying to a partner and focus on composition and camera set up

Thanks
What would even be better would be for DJI to allow dual controllers like they initially promised was coming.

No I'm interested in using the ipad as an auxiliary screen to my smart controller - I've tried the USB on the controller to the USB C on the pad - but no luck
The HDMI output is the only port on the Smart Controller that can be used to output the video signal to another device. While it's probably possible to do so (somehow), I haven't seen anyone attempt it with an iPad.

I'm confused. Are you now trying to use the original controller with this iPad or are you still trying to connect to the SRC via the HDMI out? If it's the former and you're using a known good cable via the bottom USB port on the RC, you shouldn't have any issues. Hundreds or thousands of M2 pilots are using that exact combination, including me, with zero issues.

I stopped using a heavy and fragile ipad. The Crystalsky is a fantastic camera/flying tool, and I will use nothing else. As for setting up shot, the quad should hover in place on GPS mode, giving you all the time in the world to make good settings!

Any solution? +1 who wants to have this option. Especially thinking about getting the M3 Cine. Want to use ProRes but also want to use an iPad. No way get ProRes without the smart controller

Perhaps you could just buy a regular controller and bind it to the M3 Cine. Then you could use iPad and ProRes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_