DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPads...I know nothing

Hiwayman

Reactions
Guys
I know nothing about iPads but have the option of an iPad pro 2nd generation.
Will it handle 4k video off my Mavic 2?
Will it handle h265 ?
I guess I also need a pen and a card reader... anything else?
My current laptop lags in 4k ☹️
Never used other than windows and Android before.
Thank you

I’ll answer the card reader part. Buy the one from apple.

You don't really need the pen unless you have a specific use for it.

In my opinion...4k is useless unless you have the Computer power, video card and video editing program necessary to handle editing. Furthermore if you don't have a 4k TV/Monitor you can't experience the full resolution anyway.
I have the Computer above and film everything in 4k, and the only real benefit is that you have more color and resolution to work with....so that most people who still only have 1080p monitors can view the sharpest resolution possible while those with 4k monitors get the full experience.
As Mr Salty said, you don't need a pen... that is unless you have artistic abilities

In my opinion...4k is useless unless you have the Computer power, video card and video editing program necessary to handle editing. Furthermore if you don't have a 4k TV/Monitor you can't experience the full resolution anyway.
I have the Computer above and film everything in 4k, and the only real benefit is that you have more color and resolution to work with....so that most people who still only have 1080p monitors can view the sharpest resolution possible while those with 4k monitors get the full experience.
As Mr Salty said, you don't need a pen... that is unless you have artistic abilities
I do have the 4k TV...but laptop struggles so thought the iPad pro would handle the editing ok?

Decent editing software allows you to capture in 4K, edit in a lower resolution that your computer can cope with, then render the final cut in 4K for viewing on your 4K tv.

Reactions: Drone on
Decent editing software allows you to capture in 4K, edit in a lower resolution that your computer can cope with, then render the final cut in 4K for viewing on your 4K tv.
I've done this. It works, but adds serious time to the workflow.

I do have the 4k TV...but laptop struggles so thought the iPad pro would handle the editing ok?

Check Apple's website for the specific model you're looking at and the list of specs will tell you definitively whether it will handle it or not.

I don't know which generation is which but the 10.5-inch iPad Pro handles 4k like a dream.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark