DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Transfer files

knp1498

Reactions
I have the mavic 3 enterprise thermal drone and I’m trying to transfer pic or video to my iPad. I save files to my sd card on drone and rc pro controller and when I insert the sd card to my card reader nothing is there. I can see the files on card when using laptop but not iPad. Is there something else I can try?

Reactions: LoudThunder
iPads and iPhones use iOS which as much as Apple tries to make it compatible is not the same as the OS on your laptop/desktop. Then there is the hardware requirements for H.265 compression/decompression that is probably not the same as Apple's HEIC H.265 codec so that "may" be the reason you are not seeing the files on your iPad. It may also be an unknown file type that iOS doesn't recognize but your laptop does. Like I said, they are not quite the same.

• Wow
I have the mavic 3 enterprise thermal drone and I’m trying to transfer pic or video to my iPad. I save files to my sd card on drone and rc pro controller and when I insert the sd card to my card reader nothing is there. I can see the files on card when using laptop but not iPad. Is there something else I can try?
When you say "nothing is there," is that when you use "Files" to navigate to the drive? Or can you just not see the drive at all? IOS is not that intuitive for managing external files and just isn't all that good at it...part of the reason I went Android for the tablet I use for drone stuff.

• Wow
I’m thinking about getting android tablet. What tablet would be good ?
I use the Galaxy Tab A8 (10' Screen). it has 4 GB Ram and 64 GB Memory. But it is heavy, Battery is good for 12+ hours, and the brightness is adequate, (but not as good as my older Galaxy Tab S2). The one issue I have is the A8 is heavy, 1-lb 3-oz, but weight is relative… I got mine at Costco for $199 a while back (last Summer…). The Android has a built in Screen saver so you can video your entire flight, video image and all the telemetry from the Fly App.

However, I am one cheap son-of-a-gun and I makde my own mounting bracket, here is the link to that posting…

But with a nice large screen, you get to see all there is… Sometimes, it shows too much… LoL

Believe it or not.png

Last edited:
Reactions: IFlied and GFields
I have a Tripltek 8 Pro for my rcn1 controller on my Mavic 3.

I couldn't be more happy with this dedicated flying screen. Arguably The Brightest you can get. I have NO problem standing in the southern Georgia sun in the middle of the summer with this beast. It will NEVER automatically turn down the brightness.
Fly everyday several times a day and I only charge this tablet once a week. Never have I ever seen a bigger battery in a handheld device. Period.

It may be out of your budget but its worth knowing about....

I use a card reader adapter to read the drone (Mini SE) SD card on my iPad. When first plugged in, it takes a few (to several) seconds (varies) for the card to show up in the files app, but then it works as expected. Hope this helps. 😊

I got the apple sd card reader for my iPad Pro and have no issues at all. I plug it in and go to the files app. once in the files app I go to the card which is labeled untitled, and I open it up and the pictures and videos can be located in there. There are two official readers from apple one of them is USB C and the other is lightning. so choose the one that you need. I have both and of course USB C is a lot quicker. I don't know how 3rd party readers work compared to the apple readers.

Hello! It has to do with the nested folder structure that Mavic 3 Enterprise creates and the inability of reading such structures by iOS. At least for now, the best workaround I’ve been using is:
1. Launch the Files app on your iPad.
2. Select SD Card in the left pane under Devices.
3. Navigate to your files in the right pane.
4. Select the files you’d like to ingest.
5. Tap the “Share” text only button at the bottom left of the right pane.
6. Select Save Images option in the pop-up to ingest files into the Photos app or you may send the images for ingestion by another app, for instance Lightroom.

In Adobe Lightroom/Premiere for iPad:
1. Tap on “Import” from the main screen.
2. Select “Files” in the pop-up.
3. Select SD Card in the left pane under Devices
4. Navigate to your files in the right pane and select the files to import.

Regards,

Omer

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada