DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Any thoughts about bright day flying?
My screen is perfectly clear so far on really sunny days…..though I am not flying at 12 noon in 100 degree weather so for all the use I can get out of the phone upgrading from a 10, it’s got all that I want. As far as any bugs in the iOS, the DJIGO app is not effected.

WDK

Perhaps you should get a medal for buying that tablet……I am happy with what I have and will deal with any undesired problems should I come across any!!

WDK
Perhaps you need to see the difference by yourself when flying with a Tripltek, and you will probably never go back to fly with your iPhone 13 Pro Max

Perhaps you need to see the difference by yourself when flying with a Tripltek, and you will probably never go back to fly with your iPhone 13 Pro Max
The key here is that it was NOT a Tripltex thread……it’s like me going down to the auto dealer to see a Corvette and you show me a Volkswagen….we wanted to know what is was like to use the IPhone 13ProMax while flying…..if you wanted to brag about what you had then you should have started your own thread and if I were interested I would have checked it out.

WDK

I was watching a Snake River Canyon video yesterday by Idaho Quadcopter. On YouTube. He was flying the M3 pro.
He was also using the iPhone 13 Pro Max. He commented about seeing everything on the screen, even in the bright desert sunlight.

Reactions: WDKZoom
The key here is that it was NOT a Tripltex thread……it’s like me going down to the auto dealer to see a Corvette and you show me a Volkswagen….we wanted to know what is was like to use the IPhone 13ProMax while flying…..if you wanted to brag about what you had then you should have started your own thread and if I were interested I would have checked it out.

WDK
So, expressing your opinions on any given thread is against the laws?, what you wanted to know is not what everybody wants to know, so speak for yourself like I am being done here. And if you do not like others' opinions do not read them.

So, expressing your opinions on any given thread is against the laws?, what you wanted to know is not what everybody wants to know, so speak for yourself like I am being done here. And if you do not like others' opinions do not read them.
It’s called Hijacking the thread……I believe the OP wanted to know about how the IPhone 13Pro Max performed as did I and several others wanting to buy. If you had an iPhone 13 and had already compared it to what you have, that would be something I would like to know in this thread…..that you don’t have one and you expressed that you are not planning to buy one, you basically on the subject of the IPhone you had nothing to contribute to this thread as to what the OP asked which is why starting your own thread would have been a better forum for your opinion.

The bottoms line is, you don’t have a ProMAX, you have not seen one work in those conditions you disparaged it without proof or real world comparisons such as the guy provided from Sydney Australia which makes what you say less credible so yes I’d rather here from those that are using it as I am sure it’s why most others came to this thread.

WDK

Last edited:
I would say that the iPad mini is larger which is pretty much the advantage. But the 13 Pro/max has advantages in itself. If you want an iPad, you can go with WIFI, or for an increased cost you can have Wifi/cellular. But you pay monthly just to have the cellular. With the iPhone you have both built in and pay for a service you'd have anyway. I'm not sure what the camera specs are on the iPad, but I'm not sure it will have the camera capabilities of the 13 Pro/max, at least yet. Lastly, if you do any work with a hand held gimbal, the iPad might not fit. While I don't use it much, I really like the gimbal I bought for my XR... and may be the deciding factor whether I choose the Pro of the Max.

One more thing that's come to mind, but if I'm not mistaken the Pro and Max can shoot in PRORES, no? It seems that the file sizes will be much larger and should be a consideration in choosing memory size.
Just as something I just found out, yes the IPhone ProMAX will shoot in prores when they release the update but only if you have a 256gig and above model….they will not offer it for the 128gig.

WDK

It’s called Hijacking the thread……I believe the OP wanted to know about how the IPhone 13Pro Max performed as did I and several others wanting to buy. If you had an iPhone 13 and had already compared it to what you have, that would be something I would like to know in this thread…..that you don’t have one and you expressed that you are not planning to buy one, you basically on the subject of the IPhone you had nothing to contribute to this thread as to what the OP asked which is why starting your own thread would have been a better forum for your opinion.

The bottoms line is, you don’t have a ProMAX, you have not seen one work in those conditions you disparaged it without proof or real world comparisons such as the guy provided from Sydney Australia which makes what you say less credible so yes I’d rather here from those that are using it as I am sure it’s why most others came to this thread.

WDK
The button line my friend is that I have a 13 Pro Max that dim on me when I am flying under the Florida sun, and I am giving my opinion

The button line my friend is that I have a 13 Pro Max that dim on me when I am flying under the Florida sun, and I am giving my opinion
Hijacking the thread,wow some people sure have short fuses.Some people do not want to listen to opinions
that are in reality to help them out or offer advice.Is this forum for that cause or not.
If a different viewing device is used besides a 13 Pro Max is mentioned so what.
Have a good day

I just ordered the iPhone 13 Pro Max and was wondering if anyone has this phone yet? If so, has anyone tried it with the Mavic Mini 2 or similar UAS? I was debating between a larger phone, such as the iPhone 13 Pro Max, or an iPad mini. I went with the iPhone as it serves two purposes and I believe the screen is 6.7" should be decent for flying the Mavic Mini 2 and beyond (hope to test part 107 sooner than later and get a larger UAS). I am new to the forum but have gained some valuable information and appreciate any input on this. I hope the standard phone holder on the controller with fit the 13 Pro Max and the software won't be an issue...thank you.

Stay safe!
Jay
I have the 12 pro max in a lifeproof case. I had to get a small adapter on amazon as the phone+case was too big for the controller holder on the mini 2 control.

I just ordered the iPhone 13 Pro Max and was wondering if anyone has this phone yet? If so, has anyone tried it with the Mavic Mini 2 or similar UAS? I was debating between a larger phone, such as the iPhone 13 Pro Max, or an iPad mini. I went with the iPhone as it serves two purposes and I believe the screen is 6.7" should be decent for flying the Mavic Mini 2 and beyond (hope to test part 107 sooner than later and get a larger UAS). I am new to the forum but have gained some valuable information and appreciate any input on this. I hope the standard phone holder on the controller with fit the 13 Pro Max and the software won't be an issue...thank you.

Stay safe!
Jay
Hi Jay, your post was dated Sept 18th, so I’m thinking you probably have received your 13 pro max phone by now, and probably have many flights logged. Any problems with new phone and Dji fly app ?
I just ordered a 13 pro max. 😎

I saw this for the I phone dimming fix, no idea if it works(don't have an i phone) but it is an easy try.

I've had a 13 ProMax for around four days and have been using it to fly my Air2s with the DJI Fly app. The app itself is solid on the new model and is without issues. The screen on the 13 ProMax is appreciably brighter, however my 12 ProMax screen is more than fine, so I'll continue to use it full time as a monitor/controller with the Air2s. I have a Smart Controller, however I'm wary of using it, largely because of what I have read in forums. The iPhone 13 and the standard DJI Remote Controller is a perfect combination IMHO.

Safe flying.
Thanks for the feedback. While I don’t have the iPhone 13 I have the 11 Pro Max I thought of the same with the new brightness and screen size I thought it would be a perfect match.

Not too crazy about using a smart controller since it’s an android operating system and not always updated as quickly as an iOS device. Then it’s another step to get files off of it and onto the phone etc. Plus it’s a whole lot more money!

Stay safe!
Jay
How do you get it to the settings screen. I’m new also

Hi there. Just got a 13 pro max and my drone will not connect. Do I need a different cable?? I called DJI and they said the go fly 4 app is not compatible with the pro max 13. Help!!! Can I not fly my drone with this phone??? I have the mavic pro 2

Thanks for the information. I was considering a 13 Pro Max. I think I’ll wait and see if something changes. I hope it does for your sake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3