DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iphone 6 or 7 plus?

cb4017

Reactions
My Mavic is on order and scheduled for delivery Monday. I've been doing a lot of reading on the Apple v Android issues with DJI Go. In the past I had no issues with my P3A and an Android device but I'm kind of resigned to the fact that I will eventually have to switch to Apple.

At the moment I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. Good phone but they seem to be problematic with DJI Go. I'm considering picking up a iPhone 6 or 7, maybe the plus version, as a spare phone and to use with the Mavic. They seem to have bright screens too.

I'm wondering what your experience has been with either of these phones and if they are worthy of consideration.

Thanks!

Reactions: tstillman
I always tend to go with the latest technology I can afford. Between the 6 and 7 the 7 is a much better phone the A10 in the iPhone 7 is a quad-core versus the A8 dual-core. The 7 also has 2 GB of RAM compared to the 1GB on the 6. The 7 is also brighter at 625 nits vs 500 nits on the 6, this is helpful in brighter sun-lit conditions. The camera is better too (not that this matters for flying). The extra screen size of the 7plus would be helpful too.

Thanks. That's kind of along the lines of what I'm thinking. I will fly with my Galaxy S7 at first to see how things go. If I have issues the iPhone will be in my future.

My Mavic is on order and scheduled for delivery Monday. I've been doing a lot of reading on the Apple v Android issues with DJI Go. In the past I had no issues with my P3A and an Android device but I'm kind of resigned to the fact that I will eventually have to switch to Apple.

At the moment I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. Good phone but they seem to be problematic with DJI Go. I'm considering picking up a iPhone 6 or 7, maybe the plus version, as a spare phone and to use with the Mavic. They seem to have bright screens too.

I'm wondering what your experience has been with either of these phones and if they are worthy of consideration.

Thanks!

Get an ipad to dedicate to the mavic is the way to go.

Get an ipad to dedicate to the mavic is the way to go.
I do love using my iPad Air 2 on the Mavic, just keep in mind it dwarfs the controller LOL
h7OI_YRCQGXS_hZ843SEOEddck8zmLGGP_evD4DH96J6WRalq0JlfKINnzP7YB40wjuZrNjtLJkEk1zbQevlElNCiz6x5faBU9rII77KLL6w0x0_pAoSwMds_v_sEKzPXpXo39rYog1HEzYBZkfDn4l8pFAHoFKsCIg0crtMeXTpoSKjlwYovDsSkpzL5Ej4BFkiJKxaoZ7239Tgpy3K6jmk3i3hLf8o_X5nD-Caba5Hu0tqIxcZZF9WmJj_Qee8HRg6P-lXXd0d-EuaXSElMg1Z2He0RxFYDDARDCgvqq0Ay_OIagqRCy1y-UzYfJYd3ZdYge_40xa2lH6D4mlNBpm3ph-10yesX2pr6Ltswku3fYO7L245MfxIP3Ibai7Qg4tjqZpfNkugJjhr-IW-KBMAYATGPerlaGXPo3KuBnTz0jiLSOsJ3pnDP40J57hBK9kQtUaFhBaGOjgrv1F4wAVA6FlFs_m7uxyEuUCkfIggQYpz0HmU4eibcBR2c_07Q37c1Be8N4GmSua3_-aCyxIPPFHQRX7t1AMkbYnG8mN7pEVw60DsYc_JNJxMIKcTRCpOGm7TevEHPAiMyNfPfTsBOa_uyirPTBB1hGR3CP4=w1299-h974-no

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin