DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 6s plus battery from 75% to 0 & switch off in 10 mins arrrr

same happen to me, iPhone 6, went to apple store they did a battery test and the battery was faulty, it was out of the guaranty period so i bought a new one i think around 80 bucks, no problems since

There is definitely a problem with the Mavic Go4 app and battery consumption on the iPhone. I've had this happen twice now in the last three flights. I'm still trying to narrow down the cause. It's not temperature related IMO as today was warmer and I've never experienced my phone losing charge in any other related temperature activities. I'm using an iPhone 6 not the 6S and I've also checked to make sure it isn't an Apple call back problem with the phone. On both occasions the phone rapidly loses (perceived charge) until it dies. However when you plug it in later it shows half charge. Today I was also using the iPhone battery case as well, so that's two complete charges down in two battery flights on the Mavic I should have kept track of the phone consumption during the two flights which I'll do next time. On both occasions when the phone died I had been trialling the active mode 'point of interest'. I've got to try without this to see it's the cause. Fortunately RTH works from the controller as it's hard to judge direction and bearing without the camera when it's a dot in the distance. On neither occasion did I switch off wi fi, which another forum member has said may be the cause. So more flights later to try and pin down the reason. On the plus side, the Mavic is just awesome to fly and once you've got the hang of the camera/video/gimbal/controls settings it's a fantastic camera and fun aircraft to have by your side. Today was a good example. Driving about and had the Mavic with me (as it's so portable). Sun came out near a beautiful village and rolling hills so just stopped and put it in the air. One battery taking some scenic tripod shots and the other in sport mode having fun and trying to home my manouvering skills. It just brightens my day!! Would be really interested to hear from anyone else experiencing the battery problems on iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I observed the exact same behavior with iPhone 6+ (not S) and the charging jump battery levels. Outside temperature was around 10 degrees Celsius and I also doubt it has to do with the temperature.

Known issue with the 6 and 6Plus battery. Do a quick Google and you will find the relevant Apple support page (it only mentions the 6 but the issue does span to the 6Plus also). Enter your serial number and see if it is eligible for free replacement. If it is not then book an appointment at a store anyway. The issue is wider than Apple first thought/admitted. Take it in, explain what happens and insist (politely) on a free battery replacement, they will do it, they did mine and at least 7 others that I know personally not to mention the numerous others I have read about.

Apologies if already mentioned above, no time to read the whole thread but this info is correct and they will replace it for free.

same happen to me, iPhone 6, went to apple store they did a battery test and the battery was faulty, it was out of the guaranty period so i bought a new one i think around 80 bucks, no problems since
Go back to the store, insist on a refund. They should not have charged you irrespective of warranty period. They made a mistake or the guy just did not know...

Same issue (iphone 6). Tried almost every trick I could find. Replaced battery. Problem solved

Known issue with the 6 and 6Plus battery. Do a quick Google and you will find the relevant Apple support page (it only mentions the 6 but the issue does span to the 6Plus also). Enter your serial number and see if it is eligible for free replacement. If it is not then book an appointment at a store anyway. The issue is wider than Apple first thought/admitted. Take it in, explain what happens and insist (politely) on a free battery replacement, they will do it, they did mine and at least 7 others that I know personally not to mention the numerous others I have read about.

Apologies if already mentioned above, no time to read the whole thread but this info is correct and they will replace it for free.

Fixed an appointment with Apple and do exactly as chippie says. Thanks. Didn't think there was a way to get it replaced when Apple Support page with serial number says I'm not eligible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman