DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone 7 plus issues?

I'm using the iPhone 7+ and had the same problem. Found a recommendation to fly with phone in flight mode and it worked for me. I'll try the original Apple cable too tomorrow.
Also, I tried an iPhone 6+ and it wouldn't connect at all. After upgrading the iPhone 6+ it started to work fine. Still in flight mode though.

Tried the flight mode also and turning video cache off, none worked. I am still on .600, when you mentioned the upgrading it was to .700?

Hi guys,
I've got today a new DJI-Kabel (micro USB to Lightning) and tested it.
There were no more losses of connection, so that I'm assuming that in my case the problem was a faulty cable.

Reactions: SweeT
7 plus here as well, bought for the sole purpose of flying the Mavic. No issues, but not much flight time.

I have the issue on my brand new mavic, my iphone 7s plus only connects using my apple charging cable to the bottom USB. I suspect it may be to do with the chip in the cable.

7hrs of flying on a new Mavic with a 7 plus and no problems whatsoever. I've also updated each and every time.

It's apparently an issue with the PLUS phones. I have a 7 Plus and was having the "Lost video feed" error all the time. I switched over to a iPhone 5S and had zero problems so I assumed it was a bug with the 7's. Well I recommissioned an old 6 Plus I had lying around only to find the same issue as the 7 Plus.

Here's the strange thing - if I hit the home button and then reopen the app the image is there and it performs normally again...for a few moments. I have gone out of my way to make certain the cable is fully seated. The fact that the the home / reopen solves the problem for a moment indicates something else is going on here.

all the person who tell that they have no issues with the 7+ did use the home point relocation or the follow me mode ?
curious to see if they have no issue also with that ?

on my 7+ never had a single problem exept for those 2 options... waiting a fix for these before going fishin with the MP on a boat.

Reactions: Jerry
I have an iPhone 7 and recently noticed the iphone disconnects from the controller. Its random but frequency is increasing. Can't pinpoint the problem but unplugging the iphone and power down / power up the controller and stop start the DJI Go 4 app seems to help but its not 100%. iphone is connected successfully and a few minutes later, its not.
Frequency has increased since I started using DJI goggles. Not sure that is conincidence or cause.

Hi,

Same issues for me, disconnecting using iPhone 7 Plus, will test by buying a new cable.

Reinstalling the dji go 4 app made same improvement.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1