DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone & MP all up to date and working perfectly. (I have the 7+ with the Qualcomm modem)

PROMOLOZO

Reactions
>>>>> MY SETUP <<<<<

iPhone 7plus with Qualcomm modem, on the Verizon network
iOS 11.0.3 (15A432)
DJI GO 4.1.12
MP Firmware 01.04.0000

Wanted to post this to help others (with my similar setup) decide on wether or not to update their firmware to the most current version. I was hesitant because of problems others were having with the MP firmware updates. I took a leap from 01.03.0400 to 01.04.0000 last night. Everything is working perfectly (so far), even feels like it flys smoother. The limited range has been removed, which was a big relief.

>>>>> TWO TYPES OF IPHONE 7 PLUS ARE CIRCULATING <<<<<

Scoured the internet for people having problems with the latest firmware with ios11.... One interesting thing that came up was that people with the iPhone 7plus with the Intel modem are experiencing problem where the follow me mode is disabled. Another thread had a guy with the Intel modem version was having GPS problems.

Apparently, there's two types of 7plus iPhones. One with the Qualcomm modem, the other, "inferior" one, with a Intel modem. I was relieved to find that I have the Qualcomm version. Heres how to find which 7plus you have:

>>>>> HOW TO CHECK WHICH TYPE OF iPHONE 7 PLUS YOU HAVE <<<<<

Go to the Settings app and select General > About > Legal > Regulatory. Here, at the top of the screen, should be the model number we’re looking for in order to carry out a quick and dirty identification.

If the model number shown here reads A1778 or A1784, then the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus in question is an AT&T or T-Mobile version making use of the Intel modem. If the model number is A1660 or A1661, however, then it’s going to be a Sprint or Verizon variant with a Qualcomm modem.

>>>>> MY SETUP <<<<<

iPhone 7plus with Qualcomm modem, on the Verizon network
iOS 11.0.3 (15A432)
DJI GO 4.1.12
MP Firmware 01.04.0000

Wanted to post this to help others (with my similar setup) decide on wether or not to update their firmware to the most current version. I was hesitant because of problems others were having with the MP firmware updates. I took a leap from 01.03.0400 to 01.04.0000 last night. Everything is working perfectly (so far), even feels like it flys smoother. The limited range has been removed, which was a big relief.

>>>>> TWO TYPES OF IPHONE 7 PLUS ARE CIRCULATING <<<<<

Scoured the internet for people having problems with the latest firmware with ios11.... One interesting thing that came up was that people with the iPhone 7plus with the Intel modem are experiencing problem where the follow me mode is disabled. Another thread had a guy with the Intel modem version was having GPS problems.

Apparently, there's two types of 7plus iPhones. One with the Qualcomm modem, the other, "inferior" one, with a Intel modem. I was relieved to find that I have the Qualcomm version. Heres how to find which 7plus you have:

>>>>> HOW TO CHECK WHICH TYPE OF iPHONE 7 PLUS YOU HAVE <<<<<

Go to the Settings app and select General > About > Legal > Regulatory. Here, at the top of the screen, should be the model number we’re looking for in order to carry out a quick and dirty identification.

If the model number shown here reads A1778 or A1784, then the iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus in question is an AT&T or T-Mobile version making use of the Intel modem. If the model number is A1660 or A1661, however, then it’s going to be a Sprint or Verizon variant with a Qualcomm modem.

Great...just got my new Mav Pro today and ordered this new iPhone 7plus I’ve only had for 3days based on what I’ve read and the 5s nit being up to the job, only to find out now it may not work for dynamic “home”. I do a good bit of flying from a boat over the ocean...this is just great news. Now what?!??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb