DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone X Mavic Pro.

I wonder how da HELL Some people iPhone X works and some don’t...such as mines don’t.... iPhone X is a X AND IOS 11.1 IS 11.1 so why is there a difference?

I upgraded to iOS 11.1.1. Now my Mavic connects just fine to the dji go 4 app, With my iPhone X

Reactions: drrjv
Well my X just says ‘disconnected’. Everything is up to date, the X works fine with my Spark but nothing with the Mavic. Have tried re-downloading firmware but no joy!

Now ...just outta the BLUE I said I’m gonna try this again so I hook up the iPhone 6plus and got grey disconnected.. so I hook up iPad Pro and all is good.... just for crap &giggles I try the iPhone X and AMAZINGLY IT WORKS. So now I’m TOTALLY confused 6 plus down the X is up. So I uninstall dji go on the 6 plus re-install and now it works. So outta the blue all units work with MPP ..... with both cables I may add ...yes I tried that to make sure. I’m at a loss for an explanation

I have experienced the same issue as some who stated in previous posts. The Mavic has worked fine with iPhone 6+ from day one. Currently works fine with iPad. Haven't successfully flown the Mavic with the iPhone X yet. When connected, I see a frozen screen with some details, but no image from the camera. Like some of you, I am waiting for a "fix" in an update. In the meantime I will be watching this thread and flying with the iPad.
Good news! My iPhone X now works with my Mavic again after the latest updates by DJI and Apple.

Reactions: drrjv and Raw911
Good news! My iPhone X now works with my Mavic again after the latest updates by DJI and Apple.
Good to hear eroomomni! Same here on my end w/ the latest Apple i11.1.1 iOS and dji 4.1.17 (3014) app. I also got in my Spigen Ultra Hybrid iPhone X Case which is pretty minimalist and it fits great in the remote (i.e. the right arm doesn't cover up the notch)

I saw on the news last night that Apple has a problem with the iPhone X freezing up when it gets cold. They say that they have an update to cure this. I am updating mine as I type. The weather has been unfriendly for flying this week so maybe next week.

I am still on fw .700 and GO 4.1.2. With iphone 6S plus and current ios 11 . Have no issues with flying so i never upgrade. Recently when i updated from ios 10 to 11 i have started to have problems with GO disconnecting and i would have cycle the RC to reconnect.

I have an X coming in 2 weeks. I’m cringing at needing to install latest GO app on new phone. Question - if i restore my iX from backup, will it restore the older version of app or will it download the most recent during restore.

Your X may arrive sooner then you think. I was given a time frame between Dec4 and Dec17. Mine arrived Wednesday.
Do any updating on the X then update GO 4.

I am still on fw .700 and GO 4.1.2. With iphone 6S plus and current ios 11 . Have no issues with flying so i never upgrade. Recently when i updated from ios 10 to 11 i have started to have problems with GO disconnecting and i would have cycle the RC to reconnect.

I have an X coming in 2 weeks. I’m cringing at needing to install latest GO app on new phone. Question - if i restore my iX from backup, will it restore the older version of app or will it download the most recent during restore.
Theoretically if you archive your backup it should restore as archived. However when I activated my iPhone X it would not let me go any further without updating to iOS 11.1 which is 11.1.1 now. But as I have just witnessed myself that dji go 4.1.17 and iOS 11.1.1 DOES WORK on the iPhone X now.

When you transfer everything to the X you may need to reinstall some of the apps. Also logins and passwords do not transfer.

Has anyone tried Mavic Pro with IPhone X. I got mine on Friday and haven’t tried yet. This comes with iOS 11 by default and I was having issues with iOS 11 on my iPhone 7 Plus.
DJI needs to update their GO app to to work with OS11 and the iPhone X. I cannot use the app on the X...crashes all the time, connectivity is weak. I pulled out my old iPhone 6 to fly. Also bought the Litchi app which seems to work fine with the X.

Well I’ve tried everything. Uninstalled, reinstalled, again with DJI computer application, updated remote control, deleted and reinstalled Go4 and....still nothing. Works fine with my Spark but ‘disconnected’ with Mavic. Bummer.

I’m not a fan of additional holding frames for the remote to hold a phone, but the new iPhone X doesn’t fit in such a way that you can utilize the swipe-up features required. However, as you see in the photo it will work when slightly skewed. I’m satisfied with this for now. I’m always trying new things but wanted the iPhone X users to have a heads-up.
0238b766ee8eba8c6ad81f3a900535e4.jpg

With the last App update it works again now for me with the iPhone X. App needs to be updated for the new screen though. But it is doable and actually not such a bad thing in the case of the X with the RC as you will loose some space anyway because of the holders. So maybe it won't change. It's fine for me as long it works and connects again.

With the last App update it works again now for me with the iPhone X. App needs to be updated for the new screen though. But it is doable and actually not such a bad thing in the case of the X with the RC as you will loose some space anyway because of the holders. So maybe it won't change. It's fine for me as long it works and connects again.

As far as I c@n tell, all my apps / firmware etc. are up to date. IOS up to date as well. But still getting no connection on the X with my Mavic. Works fine with my Spark.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett