DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPhone Xs Max vs CrystalSky

dv8ed

Reactions
Can someone do an outdoor screenshot or quick YouTube video? I would like to see iPhone Xs Max 660 nits vs CrystalSky 1000 nits...

oh yeah that wouldn't be a fair comparison... night and day difference :)

oh yeah that wouldn't be a fair comparison... night and day difference :)
Well the iPhone XS MAC is pretty easy to see in the sunlight if you ask me. Was actually quite surprised I could see it while the sun was directly shining on the device.

Reactions: aslondon
It is, but always the last to receive updates. I'll leave the decisions up to you. iPhone is not as bright as the 1000 nit display, but the OLEDs make it easier to see in the sunlight.
So, if I am understanding this correctly, you are saying the less bright (in NITS) iPhone, is easier to see the screen in bright sunlight, than the CS is?

So, if I am understanding this correctly, you are saying the less bright (in NITS) iPhone, is easier to see the screen in bright sunlight, than the CS is?
No I'm not. Sorry I wasn't being clear. :p I meant the OLEDs in the phone make the screen generally easier to see in the sunlight than the LCD of same brightness. The CS is still brighter.

I just spent the weekend with two of the Crystalsky Ultra monitors trying to get them to perform with the Mavic 2 Pro. I updated the Ultra with the latest software so that it would work with the Mavic 2 Pro. It does work when you are just testing the setup inside. It's when you go to fly the drones you have the problems. One unit was made in May and the other in August of 2018 so they are fairly new. The issue was the pixilation, dropped frames and then the freezing of the screen. This happened to both units. I even ran a test were I had a friend place the drone on the dashboard of his car and just drive down a street and return. Within two blocks the issues showed up.

I purchased the iPhone XS Max and had no issues. The responsiveness was perfect and I never lost a frame or experienced any of the issues I experienced with the Crystalsky. The screen size is 6.5 on the iPhone xs Max which does the job. As for the sun I did not have a problem seeing the screen. I would have preferred to keep one of the Crystalsky monitors but did not want to waste my money on a sub performing unit.

DJI support wants to string you along asking for the same information that they have asked others with this problem. There are enough complaints on all of the reviews that you would think they would stop selling the units and recall them. If you wait for support to solve the problem then you will be outside of the window for which you can return the unit and then you are stuck with a dude.

I would wait until they come up with a faster monitor. They may just drop the line all together given the issues others have had.

I just spent the weekend with two of the Crystalsky Ultra monitors trying to get them to perform with the Mavic 2 Pro. I updated the Ultra with the latest software so that it would work with the Mavic 2 Pro. It does work when you are just testing the setup inside. It's when you go to fly the drones you have the problems. One unit was made in May and the other in August of 2018 so they are fairly new. The issue was the pixilation, dropped frames and then the freezing of the screen. This happened to both units. I even ran a test were I had a friend place the drone on the dashboard of his car and just drive down a street and return. Within two blocks the issues showed up.

I purchased the iPhone XS Max and had no issues. The responsiveness was perfect and I never lost a frame or experienced any of the issues I experienced with the Crystalsky. The screen size is 6.5 on the iPhone xs Max which does the job. As for the sun I did not have a problem seeing the screen. I would have preferred to keep one of the Crystalsky monitors but did not want to waste my money on a sub performing unit.

DJI support wants to string you along asking for the same information that they have asked others with this problem. There are enough complaints on all of the reviews that you would think they would stop selling the units and recall them. If you wait for support to solve the problem then you will be outside of the window for which you can return the unit and then you are stuck with a dude.

I would wait until they come up with a faster monitor. They may just drop the line all together given the issues others have had.

Maybe I am just lucky but my Ultra has been flawless with my M2P. It has absolutely been the best thing I have bought for my drones.

You are. It cost me 80 in shipping and insurance which was another pain point for me.

I flew with my iPhone X’s MAX yesterday and pleased with the ease of setup, lack of additional weight and comfort of knowing my display is reliable.

I've been using an iPad Mini but I've been seriously considering a CS monitor. Is anyone aware of another monitor the has something of the brightness of the CS series?

So far the CS high bright 7.5 I have has performed better than expected with my MP2.

With the MPP I had the pixelation and momentary screen feeeze issues.

With latest CS firmware and MP2 firmware the combination has not shown any of the issues. Pleasant surprise.

Paul C

Reactions: KG in CT
I've been using the CS HB 7.8" with my M2P since the M2P version of the CS software was released leaked. Sucked waiting though. I love my CS and wouldn't go back but it is frustrating that the updates are always late and the iOS software just feels a little more flawless.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78