DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ireland regulations vs. Mavic mini

Alexㅤ

Reactions
I have a mavic mini. Currently it does not have a class identification label (C0, C1, C2, C3, C4). If it never receives one from DJI, how will I be allowed to fly after Jan 2023?

Reactions: slup
Hi there & welcome to the forum ? :D

Here you have a document issued by the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) --> https://www.iaa.ie/docs/default-source/misc/iaa---eu-uas-regulations-outline.pdf?sfvrsn=6b1000f3_4 especially read page 6-8 there.

This is also a good source --> Drones (found the above by starting here actually...)

Also ... it's highly unlikely that you ever will get a class label to retrofit.
I've already visited those! I have heard that dji are working to give their existing products class identification labels. I am also wondering how I can upload my operator ID to the remote identification system.

Hello from drogheda, the word is that dji are in discussions with easa to designate a class to their drones for Europe. It is predicted that mini will be OK but my air 2 will be restricted and might require A2 c of c. In the meantime, this is ireland and most gardai are not interested unless you make a nuisance of yourself.

Reactions: Mazdaman323lx
Hello from drogheda, the word is that dji are in discussions with easa to designate a class to their drones for Europe. It is predicted that mini will be OK but my air 2 will be restricted and might require A2 c of c. In the meantime, this is ireland and most gardai are not interested unless you make a nuisance of yourself.

Yes, I'm hoping for the mini to get a C1 marking.

I am also wondering about two things. 1: How can I upload my operator ID? 2: If the mini never receives a class identification label, how will I be allowed to fly?

I am also wondering about two things. 1: How can I upload my operator ID? 2: If the mini never receives a class identification label, how will I be allowed to fly?
I attached my Id with my phone number and reward offered to the top of the drone, as I don't fly in rain it should be fine. I think when the class issue is sorted we can petition the iaa to assign a class for Irish purposes as individual countries can set some rules themselves. We don't yet have the structure for tracking id on drones but that will come in time.

I've already visited those...
Hi again Alex ... OK, but you doesn't seemed to have read it though, as your later questions here below have it's answers there ... so recommend that you use the first link a gave you & read it through ... have pasted some from there below.

...1: How can I upload my operator ID?
An agreed & standardized technology for Remote ID doesn't exist yet ... it will most probably take some time before it's ready to be built into UAV's ... the regulation says that it's mandatory from 1 July 2022 if the UAV's shall be able to be sold in Europe. The only thing you can do now is to print a sticker with your number & attach it to the drone.

As how the regulation is set up some new hardware most probably needs to be incorporated ...

1613235712125.png

2: If the mini never receives a class identification label, how will I be allowed to fly?
If it never gets a classification, below in yellow will be applicable.

1613235772181.png

Thanks! I've already put the sticker on the drone. I presume the highlighted bit means the drone's current weight, and not MTOM (Weight with all accessories attached) because the prop guards increase the weight above 250 grams. :)

Reactions: Oldhollowman
Thanks! I've already put the sticker on the drone. I presume the highlighted bit means the drone's current weight, and not MTOM (Weight with all accessories attached) because the prop guards increase the weight above 250 grams. :)
Wouldn't worry too much, this is ireland nobody in authority knows anything about it until they find a way to screw us for a shed load of money ?

Reactions: Alexㅤ
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead