DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Irritating RC Beeping!

TVOC000

Reactions
Hey pilots!

Does anyone know how to disable annoying RC beeping when RTH or low battery? It'd be nice to turn of the sound and leave the vibration intact though.

Reactions: amalia saputro
A number of people have come up with various ways to do this ~ most of which require opening up the r/c. The other requires drilling a hole in the back of the r/c and driving a screw into the speaker. It doesn't damage the speaker, it just muffles it. Do a quick YouTube search - you'll find a bunch of ideas.

I read somewhere that people drill/ open their RCs up, but I'm too scared I'll damage something if I should try.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Hey pilots!

Does anyone know how to disable annoying RC beeping when RTH or low battery? It'd be nice to turn of the sound and leave the vibration intact though.

A quick search shows multiple threads on this subject.

Hey pilots!

I don't let my battery go that low and, the only time I've used RTH, the last thing that was bothering me was a beeping sound.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clinton1
Low noise props, but hit RTH and everyone will be annoyed.

It's intentionally forced on you. It's supposed to signal to the pilot that the drone is running autonomously or has low battery and is demanding the pilot to pay attention to it.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I've set my low battery warning to fire off at 20%... 1) Because I've been flying for years and never lost track of my battery life... 2) That beeping makes me want to climb out of my skin.

It's intentionally forced on you. It's supposed to signal to the pilot that the drone is running autonomously or has low battery and is demanding the pilot to pay attention to it.

Yeah, there's quite a few airplane crashes in aviation history where pilot switched off ground avoidance alarm or some other warning because it was annoying.

Yeah, there's quite a few airplane crashes in aviation history where pilot switched off ground avoidance alarm or some other warning because it was annoying.
"PUUULLLL UUUUP!!! PUUUUUULL ___________ "
*crash*

Plugging in a partially depleted Mavic battery will shut off the RC low battery warning beeping but not supply enough power to charge the battery. At least that was my experience today. When it landed the RC only had 3% battery left.

Hey pilots!

Hey pilots!

Hey pilots!

Attachments

• 8D4B0D34-5325-43D3-A346-819C02656A59.jpeg
    8D4B0D34-5325-43D3-A346-819C02656A59.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 48
I read somewhere that people drill/ open their RCs up, but I'm too scared I'll damage something if I should try.

It should exist a less drastic solution, tweaking a paramter or modifying something on the firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25