DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is 10 Sats locked bad enough to cause RTH to miss by 100'?

I'm not confused in the least. I know what I saw. The map was unresponsive while the rest of the app was not...but the logs show no issues. Do you have anything productive to add or is telling me I'm confused all you have to offer?
I gave you something very constructive.
I asked if you checked the indicated distance.
Or did you just see something that you considered alarming and didn't check anything else for confirmation.

The rest of my extensive post was also very constructive and took quite some effort to write.
Thanks for appreciating my effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ynksfan27
I gave you something very constructive.
I asked if you checked the indicated distance.
Or did you just see something that you considered alarming and didn't check anything else for confirmation.

The rest of my extensive post was also very constructive and took quite some effort to write.
Thanks for appreciating my effort.
Distances were all good. As I moved the drone, the distances changed appropriately. However, the arrow and map remained frozen with the arrow pointing directly at an "H"...and the map not moving.

Second flight, everything worked just fine.

Interesting that the drone required a compass calibration, but did not reflect anything of the sort on either flight.

Interesting that the drone required a compass calibration, but did not reflect anything of the sort on either flight.
It's not anything to do with the flight and is almost certainly related to where you put the drone.
Normally your MPP would never require any compass recalibration but if you place it on a steel or reinforced concrete surface it will give a badly worded warning that makes users think they need to recalibrate.

My recommendation is always, don't use RTH unless it is needed. Some will always argue that it is very reliable and nothing ever goes wrong.
Posts like this always proves them wrong.

Can't tell what happen unless logs are reviewed.
Until the logs are available, hard to say that this has anything to do with problems with RTH. So why "scare" new pilots from leveraging a significant feature of the drone?

Until the logs are available, hard to say that this has anything to do with problems with RTH. So why "scare" new pilots from leveraging a significant feature of the drone?

It applies to every flight, not just this one. Feel free to search for comments about people who lose their drones. Many of them hit RTH and something went wrong. I've said it before, RTH works very good. It is just better not to open the door to allow for issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx