DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is "18" a Weak GPS?

taco7

Reactions
See attached screen shot.

FM4.png

how can it say GPS 18 and then say "weak GPS"??!?!?

I've never been able to get "follow me" to work. everything else works fine.

I shipped it back to DJI after their tech support blew me off and didn't even attempt to help me with this.

"Weak GPS" refers to your mobile device's GPS reception, not the aircraft's.

Follow me requires you to use a device with a built-in GPS and it having good signal. Nothing wrong with the aircraft.

I really can't believe it's my device (galaxy S4 or galaxy s5). I've used them on trails all in the mountains and it shows when you're off the trail by a few feet.

I was also in a highly populated area and all the other GPS functions (google maps, strava, relive) all work perfectly.

If it's weak, why does it say 18?
Because 18 is the aircraft's GPS, there is nothing displaying mobile device GPS reception.

Follow me function is known to be of little interest and ActiveTrack being preferred.

Try the GPS Test app on your Galaxy and see what it says as far as satellite reception.

It would require a 3D fix can’t see the whole screen but I only see 7 with a 3D fix, I think that not enough I would guess you need 10-12 for a real good position

that's from under power lines. I would think that a green for 3d fix is pretty solid. I would also think that accuracy down to 3 meters is also pretty good.

yeah I don't get it. I never got follow me to work. I sent the drone back and hopefully DJI steps up to the plate and does the right thing and fixes it.

OUCH! you mean they'll refurbish MINE or send me one with a ton of wear and tear on it?

I hope that doesn't affect my FAA registration. That wasn't cheap!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson