DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is an iPad Mini 4 brighter than a Mini 2?

Ping^Spike

Reactions
Anyone know if the iPad Mini 4 is brighter than the Mini 2?

I'm really tempted to upgrade my 2 to a 4, the price is putting me off a bit, but if the screen is brighter on a 4, this may well seal the deal for me.

Anyone already upgraded? Anyone know if its brighter?

Yes, it's brighter. It's also lighter, a little bit thinner, faster, and has an anti-reflective coating on the screen.

I don't have the link handy, but there is a video on YouTube I saw that specifically details all the differences between the Mini 2/3 and the Mini 4. It was very informative. The Mini 2 & 3 are almost identical but the Mini 4 is a whole new (better) animal.

I'm really tempted to upgrade my 2 to a 4, the price is putting me off a bit, but if the screen is brighter on a 4, this may well seal the deal for me.
Depending on various sources it's either "slightly" brighter or the same brightness... either way the difference in brightness would be imperceivable by pretty much anyone. Considering the CrystalSky (standard) is over twice as bright technically but in use only slightly more visible in direct sun.
Apple iPad mini 2 Benchmarks
Mini Tablet Display Technology Shoot-Out
iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro Display Technology Shoot-Out
The iPad mini 4 wasn't marketed as having a brighter screen, just anti-reflective "iPad mini 4 features a custom-designed antireflective coating that reduces glare by 56 per cent compared with previous iPad displays." which does help but it still gets lost in sunlight anyway.
The only reason you should be upgrading to the mini 4 is "rumours" of Apple discontinuing the mini line.
Report: Apple to phase out the iPad mini, no more updates planned
It is slightly lighter, slightly faster but has twice the memory (2GB) of the mini 2 so "should" be able to keep up with DJI GO for longer than the mini 2.
Not that anyone is stockpiling the iPad mini or anything... :)

The 4 has the retina display. So much clearer compared to the 2

This anti-glare feature is interesting to say the least!

My Mini 2 is like a bloody mirror when I'm outside, I can barely see what the camera is trying to show me. I've tried those stick on glare filters, I've tried those three-sided hoods, all equally as rubbish as each other.

Has anyone with a Mini 4 come from a Mini 2?

I think I'm sold on the idea now though, I need to upgrade...

I still have both with me
And ipad mini 4 is definitely brighter than ipad mini 2, but ipad mini 4 screen still insufficient to be used under direct sun
And keep in mind that both mini might crash due to overheating
I usually use my body to block some of the sunlight (this trick is good enough for mini 4, but not for mini 2)

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven