DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anybody using DaVinci resolve free for editing

Fitzmac17

Reactions
Is anybody using DaVinci resolve free for editing??? Or would recommend video editing software that is free and easy to use...

The latest Davinci Resolve 15 is the way to go IMO, it’s free, stable, has excellent features, supports 4k and various other output file types/resolutions, I prefer it to Adobe software. Downside is that it is a bit more complex to use than other software with a steep learning curve, which is where YouTube comes in.

Davinci Resolve 15 is rely good for editing video only thing i am missing is i cant find free audio files

Reactions: Fitzmac17
I use kinemaster on phone and tablet. Very easy to learn. Full featured and free. You can have annual subs for around 50 bucks a year. Has lots of music and plenty of features.

Davinci Resolve 15 is rely good for editing video only thing i am missing is i cant find free audio files
For Creative Commons (free) music, Bensound is a good place to start. You can also google Scott Buckley who has amazing CC music on his website, the guy is a genius

Shotcut is a good open source alternative for lower powered computers.
Still, if your machine has the power Resolve is superb. Steep learning curve though.

Been using it for a few months. I agree, the learning curve is a bit steep, but I had very little video editing knowledge to begin with, I come from a photo-edit background. However, I am learning...thanks to some YouTube videos. Seems to be very powerful...and best part, it's FREE.

Davinci Resolve free is really good for editing but you might as well try another free editing software. Normally some pros use at least 2 different editing software to achieve their desired result.

If you have a recent iPad, LumaFusion is incredible - and has a ton of royalty free music included. The only thing it can't do is distortion correction, but that is not an issue with the Mavic Air (only the Mavic 2 Pro and D-Log). I do all my editing on vacation with this and it is a fully featured, professional piece of software. My only complaint is even the current iPad Pro's aren't that powerful but it still runs well enough. I love being able to start making my videos on the plane or on downtime on vacation.

On the Desktop side you can't beat DaVinci Resolve 15 - pretty amazing that it's free, and many think it is still the best piece of software for color grading. Adobe Premiere is the overall gold standard but the monthly fee is quite high if you're just a hobbyist.

Using DaVinci Resolve 15 and am amazed that it is free. I cannot do anything with 10-bit video though. Admittedly, I am a total noon. Lynda.com has some great tutorials, but also some good stuff on YouTube. There is a bit of a learning curve, but the flexibility is impressive.

Anybody have a solution for 10-bit in DaVinci?

Lots of free audio sites. YouTube has one, or you can go to Bensound, or freemusicpublicdomain.com. The hard part is listening to a multitude of sound clips that are lousy.

I totally love DaVinci Resolve 15, and what everyone says about it is pretty true. -Steep learning curve, but full-featured. Immerse yourself in YouTube videos, but focus on the basics. Forget color grading initially and some of the other trickier things. You can pick up on them later. As far as H265 rendering, I would stick with H264. The h265 will reduce file size, but at the expense of transferring workload over to the computer. It's my understanding that most computer processors can't handle the extra load, so your videos "stutter". I'm sure that when the demand and technology are ready for the 10-bit H265, DaVinci will include it.

Power Director 17 is easy to use. It is not free, but inexpensive, supports LUT's and outputs H265. I gave up on learning how to use Davinci Resolve 15.

Youtube Audio has a lot of free music. Simply download it, and import into DR 15.
Also, there are applications that allow you to extract music from Youtube videos. You save those to your computer, and import. As long as you don't monetize your youtube channel (if you have one), or somehow else sell the your videos with the downloaded music, you'll be good to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming