DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is anyone here using the Huawei MediaPad T5 Tablet with the 10.1" Display? (Mavic Mini)

mraroid

Reactions
I found this lower cost 10.1 inch display tablet on Amazon:

In the Q&A at the bottom of the above, it was said that this unit supports GPS. But it is only a WiFi model and can not connect to any cell service. I thought that if a tablet can not support cell phone service, then the tablet can not
pull up the stats of the GPS satellites. Am I confused?

It is running a version of Android 8 and the remarks say it can be updated to a version of Android 9.

Would this even work for the DJI Fly app I need for my Mavic Mini? At $200, it is cheaper than other tablets with a larger screen.

Any feedback welcomed.

mraroid

it should be ok , as long as it got a modern andoird oS . but I think more research Is needed

it should be ok , as long as it got a modern andoird oS . but I think more research Is needed

Thanks Steve_lyt.....

Tablets, especially Apple tablets with a 10 inch or larger screen, seem very costly. And it is not like I am going to use a tablet for other things. All I need is something larger then my cell phone to hook up to the controller for my Mavic Mini. I already have more laptops and desktops then I need. I really do not need to buy any more. I like this unit because it will do at least 1920 X 1080. And if it is true that it can be upgraded to Android 9, that means that it may not become obsolete quite so soon. I would hate to pony up $200 only to have the Fly app for the mavic mini not be supported by a older tablet.

I will keep digging into it. But I am not sure how to find out if it will run the app before I buy it.

mraroid

I have the ipad 11" for my mavic 2 pro, the sceen is fine in bright sunshine, I have never tried an android. I would sugest that if you know someone with a modern android tablet , you ask them if you can try it.

I use Huawei T3 10 inch with M2Z, no problems at all, takes sim, runs wifi, gps enabled etc,don't know how spec compares to T5, but sounds older so should be even less expensive.....

I use a 10" T5. No problems on go4 with MPP plenty storage and good brightness. No fails at all. Picked up a tablet converter which sits just lower than the screen so you can still see it. Not bad balance just slightly top heavy but use a lanyard for safety.

Again the reminder, DJI Fly needs a 64 bit Android OS!
In contrast, DJI GO4 also runs on 32 bit OS. So it is not of interest if you have a tablet which works fine with GO4, as this doesn't guarantee a 64 bit OS!
And any RAM size below 4gb is an indicator for a 32 bit OS.

I use a Huawei m5 10.8 MediaPad for all my DJI Drones. This tablet works with no problems. The only issue I have is with the DJI fly app. The tablet displays the image Upside down. All I need to do is put the tablet in the RC Upside down. The display on the M5 MediaPad is excellent. Very bright display. Don't need a sun hood.

Looking at the best Phone and tablets list I don't see a single tablet listed as working with Go Fly. I have two different Samsung tablets and the Go Fly app will not install on either of them. However the the DJI Go app that I use for my Phantom 3 will install on both tablets.
I'm still waiting to see a tablet that will the Go Fly app will install on.
But the Go Fly app will install on my old Samsung S6 Active so I use that to fly the Mini for now.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15