DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is DJI Care worth it?

Yup - the Mavic Mini refresh care costed £35.

Not at the moment - I'm still not 100% confident with flying over water etc.

But say if I did happen to crash into a tree, hit a power line, or whatever it may be, I can get a replacement at a minor cost compared to the drones value.
I look at it like car insurance - you won't make a claim each time you take out a car insurance policy, but when you need it, you'll be happy you got it.

Which drone do you have?

Reactions: petedffy
I think for the Mavic Air 2 it is worth it for me, for the mini I probably would skip it. I will take it for the first year at least. Thanks for your help

No problem - if you have the Air 2, which is pricey, I would take advantage of the DJI Refresh Care, as you'll save yourself a lot of money if something were to happen.

With the Mini, I was also in the same mindset - it's not 'too' expensive, however, with the weather in the UK (especially west), its windy a lot of the time, and the Mini can sometimes struggle with fighting strong winds/gusts, which can result in landing wherever the drone is positioned (if this does happen, your best bet is to look for a safe landing spot and not continue fighting the wind if the drone is forcing a land).

Yes, that makes sense. Do you still use your Mini as much now that you have the Air?

Not much at all, unless I plan to film in 2.7K and a small distance, otherwise I always use my Air 2 (4K 60fps, much better at fighting strong winds etc).

It's definitely still a great drone, and I often show people that are interested in drones the Mini as it comes at a much cheaper price & great performance.

Reactions: Kanser
If you can get a "personal article" policy from State Farm or Geico, it costs $65-70 per year with ZERO deductible, meaning you don't pay any cash out of pocket if you have to use it. It also covers many scenarios DJI referesh does not cover...including unrecoverable water landings, flyaways, loss, theft, etc.

If you can get a "personal article" policy from State Farm or Geico...
Good option, too...for those in certain states in the US. :)

For the OP, I agree with @QuestionTime that DJI Care makes sense; especially as one is learning to avoid trees, buildings and those really hard-to-see telephone & electrical lines.

I didnt take up the option on my MA2 however I have just been offered it again from DJI as my drone went in for warranty. I think I will take it up this time around as I plan to get a bit more adventerous with my learning and will probably need it..
Do State Farm do insurance for out of the USA...I will look into it as I like the idea of crashing in water and not eing able to recover it

Somethings to note is
  • You have to return the AC to DJI for a refresh, so lost AC means no refresh.
  • There is an additional cost to use the refresh each time
  • You will most probably get a refurbished AC instead of a brand new one, especially if it's not a current model
1592843511988.png

Last edited:
Absolutely worth it..
I had on p4 and used all three sometimes sending little pieces back..
Same with Mavic pro..
On third there too.

NO they DO NOT REPLACE WITH A REFURB
UNIT EITHER..
they replace refurb with refurb and non refurb
With non refurb..
Some will try to tell u different...

My mavic pro platinum was attacked by a bald eagle and crashed. Have the refresh program and sent the drone back to Dji. They sent me a new replacement. I received my brand new Mavic in just 5 days. I purchased this when I got the drone original however I discovered that State farm has a personal articles policy for full replacement even if the drone is lost, stolen or crashed fir $60 a year. At that price, I now have tgat as well.

How many of you got the DJI Care package?
You bet it’s worth it I bought it for my Mavic two pro and in my first year I used up all three drones. It is especially worth it during your first few months

I have a state farm insurance also the problem with that is that you make one or even two claims and they might probably drop you

Reactions: SXViper03
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky