DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is everyone upgrading to the Platinum props?

I will buy a set to see/hear the difference. The Mavic is quiet in comparison to other drones. I have the Flymore combo and haven't used the other set of props.

Reactions: ghedgepath
$20 for a set why not, iv had over 1000km and 50 hours flight time on the first set, in glad i didnt buy a spare set just yet as i was very keen to keep them a backup.
definitely getting a set

Reactions: Davel
I pre-ordered a set as they're only £20. The Mavic is quite noisey as-is and draws a bit of attention - I've had situations where I've taken off and because of the noise, people have come over to see and given me shifty landing situations.

From heliguy?

I pre-ordered a set as they're only £20. The Mavic is quite noisey as-is and draws a bit of attention - I've had situations where I've taken off and because of the noise, people have come over to see and given me shifty landing situations.

I can't see upgrading the Mavic Pro, since mine is so new, but I'm interested in the props. I truly believe all the benefits of the Platinum are built into the props, so if they work with the MP, that would be great.

As I often land in high grass, my props tend to damage a bit. Just enough that last week, I ordered 4 new props... only to discover that a day later, the new ones were anounced.
Well, I think when they'll become available, I'll buy the new props... any noise reduction or extra flight time is welcome, and it's not like they cost a fortune...

As I often land in high grass, my props tend to damage a bit. Just enough that last week, I ordered 4 new props... only to discover that a day later, the new ones were anounced.
Well, I think when they'll become available, I'll buy the new props... any noise reduction or extra flight time is welcome, and it's not like they cost a fortune...

Why don't you order a landing pad and stop wrecking your props?

Why don't you order a landing pad and stop wrecking your props?

I don't know... Never gave the landing pads any real thought tbh. Probably because the landing pad adds more bulk (as they normally don't fit in the flymore bag). But you're right... I should add it to my shopping list. Thumbswayup

I preordered from Advexure. For $20 for a full set, I’ll try them. I saw a video from DroneValley and he had a good explanation as to why they are (potentially) quieter and more efficient than the standard MavicPro props.

Starts @ 3:13 In the video.

Expected ship date (from DJI) is mid-September . . . but DJI and ship dates have been a real guessing game, except for the Spark and Spark FlyMore. DJI did hit that one out of the park!

I preordered from Advexure. For $20 for a full set, I’ll try them. I saw a video from DroneValley and he had a good explanation as to why they are (potentially) quieter and more efficient than the standard MavicPro props.

Starts @ 3:13 In the video.

Expected ship date (from DJI) is mid-September . . . but DJI and ship dates have been a real guessing game, except for the Spark and Spark FlyMore. DJI did hit that one out of the park!

DJI has been pretty good with ship dates ever since the Mavic pro debacle. I just don't see this as a big enough issue to join the waiting game. I am willing to wait on the supplies to be adequate and at the same time hear the first set of reviews.

What is better about them? And right I have two or three extra pairs that came with it

It might give you more time in the air (believe it or not +- 3mins) and of coarse the noise is quieter but that isn't really any issue I am worried about.

Gotta keep up with the joness so they say lol it's really just a gimmick but you bet your *** I'm preordering them sons of female dog

Reactions: limbows
Gonna order them too.
My only concern is that i use the noises to spot where it is in the air when its close by. I hope its not too quiet that i end up losing an ear or 2 when at eye level.

I have plenty so am not planning on upgrading unless I read multiple rave reviews about the new quietness/longer flight time.

Reactions: Vilco
I'll buy them when they are available. I can't imagine it being 60% quieter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk