DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it a waste of time to order the Mavic on Amazon?

Robbyg

Reactions
Hi
I am new to the forum and look forward to getting to know you guys.
I ordered one of the deluxe Kits on Amazon and have been waiting for it, but now that I look at the reviews in more detail it seems like only a couple of people actually received theirs via Amazon. Most people seem to have gotten it from Apple or DJI directly. Is it best to cancel my Amazon order and go through DJI or Apple?

Thanks
Rob

Hi
I ordered one of the deluxe Kits on Amazon and have been waiting for it, but now that I look at the reviews in more detail it seems like only a couple of people actually received theirs via Amazon. Most people seem to have gotten it from Apple or DJI directly. Is it best to cancel my Amazon order and go through DJI or Apple?

Thanks
Rob

From what I've read, I would agree that DJI or Apple are your best bet. Was fortunate that I pulled the trigger the day the Mavic Pro was announced, though it took hours for me to be able to place the order due to busy servers. Received mine Oct 31 and have been loving it ever since. Good luck!!

I can't wait for the day that supply meets up with, or even better exceeds demand, most everyone will be SOOOO happy!

Happy New Year DM3.jpg

I got mine a few weeks ago and ill tell you how,
Cancel you order on Amazon. Order from DJI direct, They will fulfill their own orders first.
Order only the basic Mavic Pro. Nothing else on the initial order.
Separately order the other items you want from them, batteries props etc.
Wait 4 weeks. you should get you quad and the extras a week or 3 later.

I agree with your assessment. Ordered mine from Amazon in November. At the time, shipping was in early January. Now anticipated shipping has been pushed back to February. No doubt they'll push it back again. Screw Amazon, ordered cancelled!

Reactions: LakeTravis
Hi

Thanks
Rob
Best Buy currently has them in stock

I ordered mine (full combo) from Drone-World on October 4th and just about an hour ago I got an email that it has been shipped to me overnight express. I am very excited to know it's coming tomorrow. I think they are sending out everything overnight express even if you didn't pay for it just because everyone waited so long. I appreciate it. Would hate to know it finally shipped and then have to wait four days for it to arrive.

Best Buy currently has them in stock
Which Best Buy?
None in NY metro area have them
I agree with your assessment. Ordered mine from Amazon in November. At the time, shipping was in early January. Now anticipated shipping has been pushed back to February. No doubt they'll push it back again. Screw Amazon, ordered cancelled!
I read in business section of the ny times that they had a supply problem on the batteries, They were just getting enough to fill basic orders, one quad one battery, so if you ordered the starter pack with extra battery and bag they weren't shipping till they could complete the order. They are shipping basic orders first and if they got in extra batteries they would then ship those orders.

I ordered mine (full combo) from Drone-World on October 4th and just about an hour ago I got an email that it has been shipped to me overnight express. I am very excited to know it's coming tomorrow. I think they are sending out everything overnight express even if you didn't pay for it just because everyone waited so long. I appreciate it. Would hate to know it finally shipped and then have to wait four days for it to arrive.
Ordered mine from Drone World Oct 5 and FINALLY, got an email today that it is shipping USPS, but no mention of overnight express - WTH

Ordered mine from Amazon on Nov 3rd and got it on Dec 3rd :)

Course this is Amazon.ca

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I love amazon and I ordered from them the very first day they started selling them (in the US amazon LLC started pre-orders two days after launch). However, the ship date kept getting delayed. So, I went with apple.com. I got my Mavic 2 weeks later... before many people who ordered weeks before me direct from DJI. Amazon LLC is technically not an authorized retailer according to the DJI website: Where to Buy - DJI

I think Apple is your best bet. Not to mention, if you get a lemon or for any reason are unsatisfied you can easily return it for a full refund and buy another new one. So, you know you'll get excellent customer service for at least the timeframe initial return policy which is probably enough to determine you have a Mavic in good working order. If you buy direct from DJI, you are at their mercy... don't set your expectations very high with DJI customer service.

Apple website says delivery is March 14 if you order now. Thats a long time
yikes! that is a long time. I still think it's better to buy from a U.S. based retailer (if you live in the US) if you can get to in a reasonable amount of time.

I had ordered from Amazon on Oct. 1st and received it on Dec. 8. Regardless of who you order from, you will be added to the end of their list of orders. Multiple factors play a part, such as how many units each of these places receives from DJI, how often, etc. DJI seems to be the quickest to ship (no middle man) and contrary to what was mentioned above, they're customer service has been great. (By "quickest", it will still take weeks. You will need to be patient).

I had an order with Amazon...I canceled it the other day and now I am confident I'll have a Mavic in my hands in time for my trip to Thailand!

How?
I am a member of a couple facebook Mavic groups and was able to place orders with smaller suppliers that hopefully come after they posted about their stock levels.

Who?
First I placed an order with maverickdrone.com, they have about a 2 week wait list, my number should be up shortly.
Bonus 1, they don't charge tax if outside of MN
Bonus 2, If you have a discover card you can pay with amazon payments and get 5% off until the end of December with the discover more rewards cat.

Then a rep for rcdepothobbies.com made a comment a couple days later that they had a shipment coming in and have some pre-order slots open, their shipment ended up being larger than expected and I nabbed a fly more on 12/27, tracking has it arriving tomorrow!
Bonus, no tax if outside CA

I also had a watcher on Bestbuy.com that went off today and I grabbed one to be here next Tuesday.
Negative, tax booo!!

I don't need 3 drones, so two will be sold off for a small profit to help quiet my wife about the one I am keeping. Nothing wrong with a little arbitrage, it's pretty fun actually (I do Amazon FBA part-time).

Reactions: Jayfly
Hi

Thanks
Rob

I ordered a Mavic on christmas day from a seller on Amazon. Granted I paid a little more for it but it arrived yesterday. I previously ordered one from Drone world but they kept changing delivery date and then wouldn't give me prompt credit when I cancelled. They use Amazon payments so I filed a complaint with Amazon, they sent a nice email and I have credit and a really cool drone.

As far as I know, Amazon Prime (US) hasn't shipped a single Mavic (though some Amazon resellers have). In early December, consensus was Newegg and Apple were best options (I cancelled my early Novembef Prime order and placed orders with them on 12/6 and 12/9 respectively). Since then Best Buy has sporadically put inventory up on the web and quickly delivered (though a bunch of people who thought they ordered in stock drones yesterday were told later they had pre-ordered).

Newegg overnight sent out notices they were shipping early December orders (I think through 12/10) after not shipping anything for two weeks. Apple is current on orders through 12/1, though they also have not shipped anything in a week or so.

I do think the order backlog has dried up and if you are patient, you should be able to order today and get a Mavic in a couple of weeks (and I suspect find them on store shelves shortly thereafter). Due to the shortage, a lot of people placed orders with multiple vendors which they will end up cancelling now that the flip on eBay market has cooled off.

Canceled my Amazon order today as well after seeing it got pushed to 10 Feb earliest. Ordered on Newegg and supposedly will ship 10 Jan, we will see, not holding my breath.

I have been waiting since Sept 29 ordered from CD. Looks like the mom and pop stores are on the bottom of DJI shiping list.
I now have a hard case with noting to put into it:( , I have filters with nothing to put them on:cool:, I have spare props but I have nothing to crash into:eek:....

I ordered on Amazon prime / Amazon llc. On October 4th. Canceled on dec 9th and placed a order on Newegg. It shipped last night and it will be here Wednesday. I would not order from Amazon. Still have a extra battery order with Amazon. Who knows when that will ship if ever

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming