DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Is it a waste of time to order the Mavic on Amazon?

Thanks for all the replies. I am still not sure what I want to do. Should I take a risk and lose my place in the line and start from the back again in another line? Hard choice!

I thought DJI was smart but they seem to be acting pretty stupidly towards Amazon. When all the dusts settles and they can deliver orders within 48 hours they are then going to realize that screwing with Amazon was a bad idea. Considering the fact that the Mavic is going to mostly be sold to regular people and not for commercial use they are screwing over their largest distribution chain. Amazon if treated properly would sell more drones than Apple and all the others combined. If DJI does not see the benefit of staying on Amazons good side then they are very short sighted.

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
I ordered from Amazon on Oct 29. I received it on Nov 20, and have been thrilled ever since. I emailed them, and they admitted to delays due to shipping beyond their control. But I politely asked them weekly to just keep me up to date. It worked, and I am happy. Love this piece of tech!!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Ordered from amazon of Nov 1. Was in best buy yesterday and they had one in stock!!! I got it!!!! Cancel Amazon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: BmrUpInTheSky
I ordered from Amazon fulfilled by Yitamotor on Oct. 29th. Out of the blue today I received a FedEx message it will be delivered tomorrow (Dec 31st) and requires someone to sign. I don't think there is really any faster or smarter way than to just place an order somewhere and wait. Or place orders anywhere and everywhere that will take it without paying first and then cancel the rest when the first one comes through.

I'd like to see what will be out at CES 2017 and wonder if DJI can meet their new "late January" delivery date. Finger hovering over cancellation button.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I signed up for nowinstock.net a couple days ago and it worked great. Got the text from them yesterday for Best Buy having them instock. Clicked on the link they sent and done. Will be here Monday I'd sight up for it they have a history section and u can see they come instock every few days.

Reactions: David_Paz
Ordered mine from Amazon on Nov 5 and received it in Nov 25th. Luck of the draw I guess.

Went to Best Buy yesterday to see if they had batteries in stock. They did and I also saw a mavic on the shelf. I picked it up to see if it was just a empty box. Nope it was full. A guy came around the corner and said crap you got the last one. When I told him I have had mine for weeks and I was just seeing if the box was empty he made a noise I have never heard from a grown man. Lol. I gave him the box and he ran off. I live in canada.

Reactions: peros550
Ordered mine from Amazon on Nov 5 and received it in Nov 25th. Luck of the draw I guess.

Wow that is lucky. Did you do anything special like call them etc?

Went to Best Buy yesterday to see if they had batteries in stock. They did and I also saw a mavic on the shelf. I picked it up to see if it was just a empty box. Nope it was full. A guy came around the corner and said crap you got the last one. When I told him I have had mine for weeks and I was just seeing if the box was empty he made a noise I have never heard from a grown man. Lol. I gave him the box and he ran off. I live in canada.

Your a Good person:)
A lot of people would have bought it anyway and just thrown it on eBay the next day. I really hate people who gouge others just because a product is scarce. I wish everyone would stop doing business with these people but some people are just rich and spoiled.

Rob

Wow that is lucky. Did you do anything special like call them etc?
No, in fact the Amazon site said the expected delivery was Dec 15-29. Like I said, luck of the draw. Unfortunately, I've had it out 1 time due to work, weather, holidays and other commitments. I've spent more time updating firmware and recharging batteries than having fun!

I ordered 12/10 - had a whole bunch of gift cards to use up and this was the easiest way to use them. But yeah.... don't have high hopes of getting it anytime soon. Hopefully everyone else canceling will move me up the list :p

Reactions: David_Paz
ordered on amazon prime 12/23/16, I chatter with amazon and dji. Amazon unable to give any information, dji said they are not able to provide information about the amazon order. The expected "release date" 2/10/17, how many mavics are waiting to sold on amazon? No one knows. I canceled order 1/2/17 and ordered direct from dji. At least I can get up to date information, no tax and free shipping.

I would order from DJI, but they don't take Discover! Couldn't figure out a quick way around that, so Amazon it is. I have a prime account, which probably won't help me any.

I've had luck order first from new egg, then apple and best buy. Just have to keep an eye out, they go out quick!

I just came into some extra cash so if I were to order today, where would you guys recommend? Figuring I'll have to wait a few months till order is fulfilled.

I stayed in a Holiday Inn for five months last year for work. I racked up enough points to get $625 worth of Amazon gift cards which I'm using to buy my Mavic.

Unfortunately, this means I'm stuck paying tax and waiting for who knows how long. Sure wish I could buy from Newegg or Best Buy using Amazon gift cards.

I have a spare battery I bought from Newegg and nothing to put it in.

Ordered mine (first try) on Amazon on Nov. 6th....cancelled order on Dec. 22nd.

Following advice from other users on this forum, I created an alert for BestBuy.com inventory using nowinstock.net.

On Dec. 29th I got an alert saying that BestBuy.com had Mavics in stock. Ordered one 5 minutes later....and UPS is delivering it TODAY (Jan. 3rd). BOOM!

Honestly, I would not order from Amazon or anyone else unless they are saying they have the Mavic in stock. Otherwise, you will just end up sitting around and waiting with no clue when you might get a shipping notice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv